2011 Fishing Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
after the next storm blows over, I'm heading back out on the water... I picked up a Kokatat T3 Meridian Drysuit, a Kokatat head sock, some sealskins socks, and some NRS gloves yesterday. Gotta clean the garage a little bit to bring the kayak down from the roof, put the Thule racks back on the Outback, and toss fresh batteries back into the FF. I told the wife I'll try to do 6-10 miles of trolling the Housitonic River for stripers as exercise. I still got to trim the seals on the suit, pick up another pole to replace one that broke when the garage door tapped it, and figure out how I can rinse stuff off in the basement since the garden hose outside is frozen.

I guess my down time was just one month....:D

Are the strippers still running right now?

I am interested in going in the spring.

I can't wait to get my fish on.

Going to do a lot of king salmon fishing this year off the gf's dad's boat. Soon I'm going steelhead fishing, gonna be tough and cold. Lots of crabbing, shrimping, and silver fishing as well, but all in all, I just want to get a big king.

Jeef, from what I heard, stripers are in the rivers year round...hiding in deep holes, and I know of a huge hole that a few guys hit every year. If you can afford one, I'd highly suggest trying to craigslist a decent kayak. I had no idea it would be this fun... and every time I think about it...I'd rather be on the water than stuck chilling in the garage doing nothing.

Strippers run all the time, when they see my empty wallet.:rimshot:

I joking said to my buddy that we should go fishing the other day. He said he would but the CT river has iceburgs in it. I have rented from the Kayak place in Collinsville and some marina in old lyme near griswold point. I could pick up a cheap Kayak for like 200 bucks now but would probably suck for fishing out.

down here a decent sit on top fishing kayak will run you at least 350 used and range from $600-1500+ new. but they are fun, and open up fishing opportunities almost everywhere.

went out the other day, nothing biting offshore... at least not for me. came back into the intercoastal and found some jacks on a feeding frenzy. they were busting bait all over the place, so i tied on a topwater lure and had some fun. these jack crevalle arent any good to eat but they fight hard and watching 6 of them blow up on a lure at once will get your blood pumping. i caught about a dozen or so before getting tired and heading in.

006.jpg

Im hoping to do allot more fishing this year especially for the bigger ones. Did mostly trout and bass last year but that will change. Mybuddy may be getting a carolina skiff 17 or a boston whaler montauk but it may not happen this year bur def next year

I went out last week cutting thru the ice on the river, no bites at all.

I can't wait to get my fish on.

Going to do a lot of king salmon fishing this year off the gf's dad's boat. Soon I'm going steelhead fishing, gonna be tough and cold. Lots of crabbing, shrimping, and silver fishing as well, but all in all, I just want to get a big king.
steelhead are running good right now. the snoqualmie had biig hatchery fish this year.
were do you salmon fish? my dad and his buddys have a place in westport and moor there boats there during season and do nothing but fish

steelhead are running good right now. the snoqualmie had biig hatchery fish this year.
were do you salmon fish? my dad and his buddys have a place in westport and moor there boats there during season and do nothing but fish

We go up in the san juans. My girl's parents have a 27 amberjack that they stay on during the summer weekends.

went out on a friends boat this morning, had a really good time. the weather was nice, mid 70s with light wind, no clouds. and the best part was that the pompano were biting really good. we drift fished across deep flats with jigs to pick these guys up. also, anchored and chummed with sand fleas for a while, but that produced only couple fish. i really love inshore fishing with light rods and line, reminds me of the fishing i did most as kid.

heres our limit of Pompano...

pompano1-18-11001.jpg

its soo tasty...

pompano1-18-11004.jpg

One of my buddies wants to go next week...weather pending... I can go anytime, and I have the stuff to keep warm. RI fish limits for cod... RI DEM/Fish and Wildlife- Marine Fisheries Minimum Sizes and Possession Limits and about $100 per person.. Inshore Trips cod.... and they limited out on the 24th... http://www.francesfleet.com/reports.html... who wants to join....beer, cod fishing, cold as fuck, away from work, and I might have to bring the wife so I can get double the catch...... but she will video the catches...and I fish twice as much. Lets go you NE pussies....

Last edited:
And nice catch mdpsEG, I didn't ever get your real name......;)

One of my buddies wants to go next week...weather pending... I can go anytime, and I have the stuff to keep warm. RI fish limits for cod... RI DEM/Fish and Wildlife- Marine Fisheries Minimum Sizes and Possession Limits and about $100 per person.. Inshore Trips cod.... and they limited out on the 24th... Fishing Reports... who wants to join....beer, cod fishing, cold as fuck, away from work, and I might have to bring the wife so I can get double the catch...... but she will video the catches...and I fish twice as much. Lets go you NE pussies....

If I wasn't broke I would go. I don't eat the fish I catch so you would be able to keep mine.

just under 20 inches....
photo_10_.jpg

Guess I have to go back out Tuesday morning....hehe.

he was a feisty little guy, but not enough fight like the fish that was towing me around the other day.

i cant wait to get back to fishing..i really only go with my dad because i dont have anyone else to go with but,last time i fished was saltwater for porgue.

i cant wait to get back to fishing..i really only go with my dad because i dont have anyone else to go with but,last time i fished was saltwater for porgue.

I thought you did reverse fishing, you know... you go around searching for rods.... to get hooked on.

:rimshot:

Thank you, thank you!!!!!

Back