2011 Fishing Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomorrow was today with a nice 27 incher...

1307293104_angler1790_team288.JPG

where you fishing?

I've been to middletown, on the ct river 3 times and have't gotten a dam bit, using blood/sand worms, atlantic herring, and live eel , lures and nothing.

I go to the housy river rt undr the rt 8 overpass, there is a little park and a boat ramp, I'll go up or down stream depending on tide. I've also been going to Ft. Nathan Hale park in east haven.

I got a spare kayak that I carry with me, anyone is welcome to use it, you just need to get your own life jacket and wear stuff that you can get wet. I'm going mostly everyday when the weather is good.

KAYAK for sale

That's one hell of a deal for someone.

its cheap but not really an ideal fishing kayak. gotta have a SOT kayak for fishing in my opinion. also the short little 10 footers dont track well for any kind of distance paddling. i mean im not saying it wont work but its not ideal.

yup, I picked up an Old Town Trip...which should have been called "Flip" sit inside... I just got to get stabilizers for it...and it should be fun.

Today was a good day. 36,30,34 and that's not a females body size...

100_0309.JPG

100_0313.JPG

100_0315.JPG

:boat::fishing1:

my buddy sent me some pics.

photo_11_.JPG

photo_12_.JPG

Last edited:
man those are some nice stripers! i know they fight hard as hell, i bet you had some nice runs and got towed around in the kayak a little! that bluefish is big, you never see them that big here in FL. they dont taste that good even when theyre small, did you keep that big bastard?

not my blood, but I have a pair of shorts that will now be the car shorts. It's fun having a fish pull a 235lb man in a 100ish pound kayak.... I kept the 36"er, but gave it to my neighbor. the other fish tied to the boat was tossed to my buddy. Only fish that will be in my freezer is blackfish...July 1st...I'm waiting.

too late...ohh well.

went for some porgy today for a decent sashimi snack, and all I got was a 17" Black fish with a bad tail...preggo'ed as well, I rushed to get her back in the water, so crappy pic.

100_0322.JPG

On July 1st...I can keep the blackfish...but only 2 a day...which is enough for me.

Hit up Fort Hale in New Haven last Thursday, landed a 12inch Snapper after about 4 hours of fishing..., was fishing off the pier. Descent spot if you dno't have a water vehicle.

Get yourself a PFD, and you can join me. If you have anytime open from 7:00am to 2-3PM, Meet me somewhere, call the day before, and I'll bring the spare kayak. Dress to get slimy and wet. (a change of clothes too)

A guy on one of the local forums is having a good year on his kayak.

47"
1308664748_angler1311_team261.jpg

40"
1308621093_angler1311_team261.JPG

another 40"
1308355865_angler1311_team261.JPG

and the new kayakwars.com striper record of 48-50...that big and it's hard to measure and then release again.
1305989687_angler1311_team261.jpg

Heading to Pleasure Beach in Waterford tomorrow morning...the same place those big fish were caught..... I hope I can get me a 40"+

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I busted up my Hobie at Pleasure Beach yesterday, was going to go buy parts for it today, but a few other guys wanted to go to the Hale Park....so I took the spare kayak, and it was the second time my ass touched it's seat. It ended up being a decent little kayak, better than I excpected, and it was actually fun. A few sinkers, bait, a few hooks, and one pole. Basic Bare Minimums!!! And the camera and speaker system from the other kayak of course. I didn't take any pictures, but my buddy got a few of me. When he posts them I'll upload them here. I caught 5 fluke. 14, 17, 13, 18+, and another 14" The 18+ got away, because I had a cheap Boga grip, and the first 14"er almost just jumped off, so I waited for my buddy to come over with his good boga, and as soon as he pulled it half way out of the water, it jumped, and got off the hook. Which I was kinda glad, I didn't feel like holding and handling that fish anyways. But a picture and sashimi would have been good.

Yesterday, all I got in the Niantic was a small blackfish, so I tossed him back and just enjoyed the water....til the hobie broke.

That sounds like a really great way to fish.

Back