1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 civic owned in consumer reports

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Briansol, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

F-

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

ahaha.. i actually had a teacher give me an F- on a paper before.. lol

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

So is that score for all Civic models or just he 4-door LX that was mentioned? It looks like the 4-door LX got the score of 61.

I know the new Si motor is essentailly a torque monster TSX motor (k24a2) and the Si use to come with 6-speed 4.7FD and LSD so I figure it still does. The inside of the Si's are nice too.

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

what do you expect from a compact car that just keeps getting fatter and fatter.

6. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I haven't had any problems with my 07 aside from the interior gradually falling apart.

It'll be paid off in November anyway.

7. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

what good does the "-" do? might as well have not even turned it in at all.

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

saw this earlier on yahoo

Consumer Reports says redesigned Honda Civic scores too low to be recommended - Yahoo! Autos

9. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

They have already phazed out the civic in Japan right? Could be the next step in the US.

10. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

New civic is meh. I had a terrible feeling about it the first time I laid eyed on one 2 years ago. My main complain: exterior styling sucks ass, and the interior - while not bad, offers no improvement. I hate the 2 tier dash. The competition almost always copies Honda. Notice nobody is doing the 2 tier dash. Get a hint! Drivetrain is 95% carryover on regular models. It offers no DI or 6 speed auto's like the competition. (funny though that real world MPG is still the best).

The main problem is that so many competitors are buying themselves into the market. The new Foci and Elantra are badass little cars - no doubt better than the new Civic in terms of feature content, styling, and dash material quality. I can guarantee you that the profit margins are zero to in the red. Honda did the same approach in the late 80's, and early 90's during their big push into the US market. Something like that is only sustainable for so long.

11. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Consumer Reports is usually the bible when it comes to automotive reviewing. However, I didn't know until recently that all the ratings are done by the same 2 dudes each and every time. I don't think the civic is better than the Elantra, however I feel it should have been above some of the others.

One more note. The re-designed Jetta is the only car to score worse than the Civic. Funny thing is, VW is selling 2-3x more compared to the old model:confused:

12. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

The New Jettas are dirt cheap compared to what they use to be sold for so it makes sense that they were reviewed poorly.

13. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

The new civic is fucking hideous. Hands down.

14. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

The sun visors are covered under warranty when they break. My fiance almost ripped me a new one for breaking hers until the dealership told us it was a free replacement. The only problems with her 2008 other than the sunvisor have been caused by idiot mechanics at Schaller Honda.

The new Civic is ugly, I would not buy one.

15. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I got a class action suit notice about the sun visors. Ironically mine have never had a problem - but my driver's side door handle has split in half and constantly falls off.

16. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

I have a hard damn time calling it a next gen vehicle. They fucked with the tail lights a bit, and it's a new generation? Fuck that.

17. Korax

Korax New Member

I sell Honda/Toyota/Hyundai on-line. I can agree with you on all points. I was doing this when the 06 came out. Was such a great car compared to the 01-05s. In terms of popularity, holy shit. I feel like people lined up around the block for the 06+ for like three years. The Elantra is that way now. I get so many requests for them and we can't keep them on the lot for a day. In terms of reliability I highly doubt they make it in the long run but for the price you do get a lot of amenities. The buyers in the Hyundai market are like, or are, old GM/Chrysler customers. Cheap. Honda really needed a home run again with this new Civic. It's ugly and boring. Still not nearly as bad as a Corolla. But as long as there are people who don't really care about cars, who like nothing but value, Toyotas will stay on top. New Odyssey is awesome inside.. wish it looked like a Sienna SE on the outside :x The CR-V is the best thing we have in right now I fell like. People love the shit out of them in this area. They have pretty much taken over the small SUV category in western PA. I'm excited for the new model CR-V. Much better looking than the current model. With just the looks I bet this is popular all over again if it stays like the pics I have seen. Can you say that that car will really come on 20"s from factory? Anyway, Honda better figure it out on the next run of Civics if it isn't too late.

18. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

That was a previous gen model though. The 2012 is new...but just barely from the looks of it. Sounds like they mostly just took the previous gen and made it shittier, lol...

19. Dual-500

Dual-500 Well-Known Member VIP

Add to that an INSANE Price Tag - over the years they lost what the Civic name stood for......

20. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

that^^

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted