2012 Veloster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we (me and pickles) own
you rent.

i spend most of the weekends these days doing shit around the house and yard.

Same. Have you ever hauled mulch in a sportscar? How about patio furniture? My personal favorite is bringing home a mailbox and a garden hose box. I wish I had a truck.

i have 1 day every other weekend to do the things i need to do. otherwise i'm increasing my bankbook or "parenting" :lol:

Yeah. lol. You have an easy life dude.

Nice Car man I work at a Hyundai Dealership and there pretty fun to drive. Hate to sit in the back of them though but there pretty cool. There also supposed to be coming out with a new Tucson far as I member and its going to be turbo. the turbo version is a lilttile less hp but the torque is deff better then the non turbo..

you should put a set of mud guards on that thing they look real nice on them.. hell let me know n ill see if i can get u a deal or something

^^^ we think alike. first mod, bought a set on ebay per veloster.org recommendation after verifying good fitment, and even coming from the same seller :)

i put mudflaps on everything i can.

the press release is 27th but it is out in other countries already.

i love the looks of the vehicle, but you have to drive it to really appreciate. the quality is there compared to toyota/scion...

Oh I believe the quality is probably there. They're doing a lot of things right. I just don't like the looks much. I'd rather have a genesis all day. OR a BRZ/FR-S. YUM.

My car is stupid reliable. But not luxurious what so ever. It has some serious novel features for "base" model but now that its 6 years old it is barely a couple steps above driving an old honda. It's loud and rattles. Everything works great and it gets better mileage than when I bought it brand new.

We were out new car shopping over the weekend and stopped by Hyundai to see if their biggest SUV was big enough for us (no dice)

I told my wife we should get a green Veloster...couldn't sell her on the idea though

-but I also couldn't sell her on the 5.0 Spec R Genesis sedan they had or the USED Equus that had a $68k price tag

New Genesis coupe is cool but FUCK the fake hood vents...they're even more obviously non-functional than the ones on the Pontiac G8

Oh I believe the quality is probably there. They're doing a lot of things right. I just don't like the looks much. I'd rather have a genesis all day. OR a BRZ/FR-S. YUM.

My car is stupid reliable. But not luxurious what so ever. It has some serious novel features for "base" model but now that its 6 years old it is barely a couple steps above driving an old honda. It's loud and rattles. Everything works great and it gets better mileage than when I bought it brand new.

i'd rather the genesis... and i agree with you on reliability. my S started rattling and creaking once i put the TRD stuff on, but im sure the powertrain will outlast the body and creature comforts of the car.

I have a couple gripes with my genesis--

the weak clutch
the seats are wearing out on the bolsters from entry (and i only have 14k on my car)
sometimes, the ipod/interface fucks up a lot. the display freezes on the previous track, etc
the a/c isn't really cold. especially on hot days. it's just cool.
the passenger seat belt rattles in the wind. i leave it buckled :/
The wipers screw up some times. Like, if you 'pump' the washer fluid instead of holding it for a steady stream, they randomly stop mid way wonder wtf they are supposed to do now... and then they go again.
the driver side seat squeeks. others on the forums report this as well. good thing the stereo goes loud to cover it.

Other than that, i still enjoy driving the thing. In fact, other than the del sol, which was parked most of its later life in pieces, the Genesis is the car i've owned the longest, ever, in my history of owning cars next month, and i'm not really in any position finacially to change that any time soon either. Keeping her for a while.

I already see more volesters on the road than the genesis. kinda sad. lol

oh well, i lik ehaving the ONLY genesis at work, on a campus of like 5000 people :) i wouldn't ever find my car if i owned an altima. lol

I have a couple gripes with my genesis--

the weak clutch
the seats are wearing out on the bolsters from entry (and i only have 14k on my car)
sometimes, the ipod/interface fucks up a lot. the display freezes on the previous track, etc
the a/c isn't really cold. especially on hot days. it's just cool.
the passenger seat belt rattles in the wind. i leave it buckled :/
The wipers screw up some times. Like, if you 'pump' the washer fluid instead of holding it for a steady stream, they randomly stop mid way wonder wtf they are supposed to do now... and then they go again.
the driver side seat squeeks. others on the forums report this as well. good thing the stereo goes loud to cover it.

Other than that, i still enjoy driving the thing. In fact, other than the del sol, which was parked most of its later life in pieces, the Genesis is the car i've owned the longest, ever, in my history of owning cars next month, and i'm not really in any position finacially to change that any time soon either. Keeping her for a while.

I already see more volesters on the road than the genesis. kinda sad. lol

oh well, i lik ehaving the ONLY genesis at work, on a campus of like 5000 people :) i wouldn't ever find my car if i owned an altima. lol

The clutch in my crz is weak too, I think it's a new trend. I need to get around to removing the CDV and putting an OmniPower MC in.
I have the seatbelt rattle issue too, I never thought about just buckling it.
The AC in my car is only cold if I'm going 70MPH in 6th (about 3k), anything else, it's just cool.
My dashboard rattles somewhere underneath, next to the firewall. I've got an appointment with the dealership to get it resolved next week.
My seats are starting to look ratty on the bolsters. It makes me sad, luckily I bought extra seat covers (the actual material, not a pep boys seat cover) from Honda when I bought the car, so if it bugs me badly enough I can swap it over.

I hear you on the Altima thing... If I had a camry, any year, I'd be unable to find my car no matter what. We've got a campus of roughly 12k people, and it's amazing how many people drive the same car. There are two CR-Zs in the lot, and five total on base -- all automatic. There's a Veloster in my lot, automatic, blue, with the tech package. Probably a dozen Genny Coupes.

there are only 18K 2012 velosters made in the US and most of them are gone. the dealers don't get many. in fact only about 2000 remain "unknown" on the veloster.org registry. :)

the veloster clutch is really good! with trac off i can chirp third. not that i've tried more than once but i was able to.

base model seats at about the same mileage have the same issue. the ipod interface works really well and is fast. the a/c is bone chilling. belt clips dont rattle and they are actually heavy.

there are 2 velosters in my area. i see alot of genesis sedans but never the coupes.

532680_10151034706471763_744824299_n.jpg

i did my back emblems on the V yesterday. turned out really well. first time dipper.

250653_10151041778176763_652892460_n.jpg

ignore the unpeeled parts, i needed to grab a toothpick to get at them.
180272_10151041778646763_661063993_n.jpg

Back