2014 Veloster Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so driving a FWD car with an instant-on turbo in the snow is very interesting. going to have to reprogram my foot.

the torque vectoring system works pretty neat with the traction control. once you get over 15 mph and punch the gas, the car slips, then catches up to itself, then the wheels move back and forth a bit and you have forward movement. it's labored, but it does go nice and straight :)

2 years newer traction control system..... when this veloster goes sideways, the REAR calipers work to keep the car straight. not the front. it works really well considering.

but it all turns off with the push of a button.

Last edited:
so driving a FWD car with an instant-on turbo in the snow is very interesting. going to have to reprogram my foot.

the torque vectoring system works pretty neat with the traction control. once you get over 15 mph and punch the gas, the car slips, then catches up to itself, then the wheels move back and forth a bit and you have forward movement. it's labored, but it does go nice and straight :)

2 years newer traction control system..... when this veloster goes sideways, the REAR calipers work to keep the car straight. not the front. it works really well considering.

but it all turns off with the push of a button.

Does it turn off completely? Mine turns "off" to the point the wheels will spin, but if you try to slide the tail around a corner it will still catch it. It's actually a little disconcerting. Hell, even the 4x4 won't do doughnuts in the snow in rwd mode, not that I have tried or anything. Hard to have any fun these days.

quick little video..

car is limited for a little while, will open up after a chunk of miles.

dealership finally put my photo up :)

1655608_10151811595531105_1800257307_o.jpg

man those wheels do not look right on that orange
otherwise :thumbsup: nice car, good upgrade

Reactions: B16
The front hexagonal grille is starting to make Hyundais look like the new Ford cars...

WELLLLL not even 500 miles on her and she's been hit.

watched the moron back into the car in slow motion. i even got a few steps in, yelling and screaming before he backed into the car. big truck... cracked the grille on both sides of the license plate. no damage to the bumper or support underneath luckily.

1621913_10152203911041763_1664072598_n.jpg

so he wanted to keep off of insurance (CDL guy probably going to piss hot) , i took a photo of everything. his license, his plate, our vehicles next to each other... so far he's paid me back for the replacement grille i've already ordered (got it $55 less than at the dealer by ordering it from MOBIS) and has me setup at the body shop across the street to get the trim ring painted vitamin C - they will even put it on the car for me too. sucks but not a horrible outcome for what happened.

took this yesterday while it was snowing. ayla was working on making a snowman :)

1743741_10152210344556763_632397506_n.jpg

today i go pick up the 2 wheels i had repaired :)

at least it worked out and he went through with the payments. most of the time the people ditch and dont care.

Yeah well I had all his info. I could have easily reported him to my insurance at any time. The pizza post employs folks who love my cars and they know me by name. So it was a big lose for him if he ditched.

Oh and he lives just on the other side of Ayla's school.

Nice Chris! Glad it worked out.

1000 mile oil change yeilded dark, black oil.

also asked the dealer to look at the passenger side wiper squirter, since at speed it shoots at the blade and not the middle of the windshield. they told me this was normal operation... knowing this could potentially happen i looked up the part numbers between the 2012 and 2014 and they are the same. i recanted with that info and told them i had a 2012 and they both sprayed at the same height if i was stopped, going 15,30,65 etc and this was NOT normal. so next service they will replace the squirter for me.

Back