2016 BMW M2...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Jalopnik drove the new M2 recently. All I can say is, Tesla better hurry up. If it comes down to me deciding on a 2 year old, used M2 for $40,000 and a new Tesla for $35,000 (before rebates), I'm going with the M2.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-bmw-m2...medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=wednesdayPM

I mean...look at this thing. LOOK AT IT!!!
yukvzkeakv6vmmifkj2i.jpg

I read that earlier. Love it. Wide fenders. Small car. Looks fun.

the 2 series is what the 3(4)series should have been before they decided to bloat the shit out of it like everything else (lets not talk about the 3 series going 4 door only :mad: )
this is the appropriate successor to the e36 and e46

M car without an M motor.... wtf. Needs the s55. disappointed in that. :/ n55 with s55 internals is kinda weird. but forged sounds like 'give me a flash for 400+'.
These hybrid bastardizations are usually less supported in the long term.

electronic lsd... i still haven't driven a car with one of those so i can't comment but it still seems like something purists would rant about.

in the jalop article, there's a link to a pdf in the comments about the spec and changes from the base car, the m4 and the 1m. pretty neat read.

I think it looks nice. would like a slightly larger back seat.
needs more camber gain to work those monster 245s up front.
1200 mile break-in -> service kinda sucks. Not sure if other m cars have this too. Hope it's covered under the 50k covered plan.

for 50k, maybe i'd want this instead...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M5-Alpi...tr=true&hash=item1a0df1870c&item=111903082252

who am i kidding?

:buyanm:

maybe on the list in a few years. certainly not buying one this year

M car without an M motor.... wtf. Needs the s55. disappointed in that. :/ n55 with s55 internals is kinda weird. but forged sounds like 'give me a flash for 400+'.
These hybrid bastardizations are usually less supported in the long term.

As you know, most bmw's are severely underrated by HP. Prob puts down over the advertised to the wheels and lands it in the 400+ HP crank area.

Those are two totally different cars in different classes with the Porsche nearly 50% more MSRP than the BMW M2. I don't think they really compare.

yeah.
top gear adjectives like
"pedestrian"
"mediocre"
come to mind

I LOVE the front end. The back looks like shit. It's looks like a smushed Porsche.

Tesla-Model-3-on-stage-in-red.jpg

1430498518096363045.jpg

Back