2016 Ford Focus RS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Anybody interested in a non-Subaru hatch that costs around $40k?

http://jalopnik.com/2016-ford-focus-rs-this-is-your-320-hp-awd-monster-ha-1683323602

bu7qub1jsyvkwsii53re.jpg

40k lol, no...

36k maybe

32-33k yes

Id rather have a 2013 CPO Audi S4 with an APR tune for around 40k

The s4 is a different class of car... that's more luxury sedan than hot hatch

i'm not too big on the looks... the grill still looks like a downsyndrome fish

The s4 is a different class of car... that's more luxury sedan than hot hatch

i'm not too big on the looks... the grill still looks like a downsyndrome fish

yes but 40k is 40k...the S4 is still a 4 door, AWD Sports Sedan...it may not be in the same class but if I am spending 40k, i am looking at what other options my 40k can get me

you could also buy a hummer for 40k. or a base model c6 vette.

it's not confirmed that the US market is even getting it yet, is it?

yes but 40k is 40k...the S4 is still a 4 door, AWD Sports Sedan...it may not be in the same class but if I am spending 40k, i am looking at what other options my 40k can get me
Can't really argue that point. The current S4 is pretty nice. Never driven one though; but I hear their DCT is wonderful.

It is coming to the US.

lol yeah but..all i am saying is that if someone was like, hmmmm I have 40k and i want an AWD 4 Door sports care, what is out there for me....
Can't really argue that point. The current S4 is pretty nice. Never driven one though; but I hear their DCT is wonderful.

It is coming to the US.

I've driven the President of my companies 2013 S4 APR tuned and then his 2013 S6 APR tuned and i can tell you...holy shit these cars are fun. Launch Control is a fucking great thing. And I have had two APR tuned Audi's myself: An 2004 A4 1.8T(later on with a K04 turbo upgrade) and a 2003 A6 2.7TT...

The S6 though, it's impressive, considering how heavy the thing is, the way you get tossed back in that seat just puts a smile on your face and a boner in your pants. It's the perfect car IMO. I like the size and performance. It's my goal to make a used one my next car. Unless of course at some point i can afford both a nice truck and a Z06

i'll reserve judgement until i see the specs that the US actually gets.

and it being AWD in and of itself doesnt mean much. the CRV is AWD too, but it sucks.

you mean the FWD focus RS that the US never got? lol
Well shit me I'm an idiot. Why did I think the Euro RS's were AWD too? Looks like only the RS WRC model came in AWD.

Carry on... :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/03/2016-ford-focus-rs-official/#image-2

Definitely coming here. It was confirmed for a while now. Pretty excited, but I'm still holding out to see if the s1000 makes it off the boat before I go all "I need this now" on it. MR>FAWD imo. Except for working on. And most livable situations. Why do I want MR so bad again?

Things that scare me about the RS:

The AWD systems fuckery making this car boring.

The cheapness in the Fiesta I drive for work. Holy. Fucking. Shit if anybody pays more than 500 dollars for that car they're bonkers. I understand this is a much higher class than a fleet model Fiesta, but I feel like it has potential to be cheap, tacky and udderly piss you off in places.

Things I'm fully torqued for:

330hp

AWD (up to) 30/70 split

Manual gearbox

Coming to the states

Having a buddy that might let me drive his when he gets back from United Emirates of Kuwatarbai (he doesn't know where he's deploying yet). In Vegas.

the pair of ST models aren't that much less cheap feeling. the seats are gold, the rest of the interior is true playskool.

limited quantites + Ford dealer markup = it'll cost more than an STi/Audi to get into. only the Focus fanbois will get them.

Back