201hp, 151ft/lb tq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt worried about videoing it to flaunt all over the internet...I just wanted to see what the hatch would do.

I was driving home, following Anthony (dude that drove me up to Dallas that morning) and somewhere on 175 came upon a new C6 (I guess it's a C6, I dunno how to tell them apart...it was a newer vette with the fixed headlights). Anthony pulled behind it and motioned for me to pass him. I pulled up alongside the vette, and homedude kept looking over at me and lunging his car foreward. I said fuck it and dropped it into 3rd doing about 60, and we both took off. I started pulling off, and naturally I thought he wasn't getting on it, so I let off. As soon as I did, he started passing me, and as he did he looked over at me and shot me the finger...so, doing about 80 or so, I hit 3rd again, sat next to him for a second or 2, then shifted to 4th and eased off. I got a few lengths ahead of him, hit 5th, and eased off the gas. At this point homedude flew by me, cut into my lane, and cruised off.

Like I said, this wasn't me out cruising looking for a vette to race...I just happened upon him.

As a side note, the Vette's new headlights look fookin' awesome in my rearview mirror :D

LOL SWEEET!!

the reason i am guessing he gave you the finger was because you were beating him in your $2000, 15 year old Honda with motor swap while he was driving a $40,000 (?) car fresh off the show room floor :)

C6 has the exposed fixed headlamps. They run 12.7s, and we're cool Will but I'm going to have to give this a "he wasn't giving it it's all" BS flag. Chevy tested those cars to 190 mph. There's no way a GSR hatch is going to pull on it.

I'd rather see it so I can point and laugh at the supposed kill of the new C6.

Anyone can tell a story, but what you think is him going WOT and banging gears might actually be nothing more than lightly laying into it then letting off.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 19 2005, 06:20 PM
How?
[post=448337]Quoted post[/post]​

Final mods:
B18C1 block = a waste of money if you don't use the crank as well might as well be a b18a block - in that light 200 max for a good block (I have two sitting in my garage...)
85mm Golden Eagle sleeves - I'd personally have gone aebs, but 800 is what I was quoted by my shop in town and RM would do it for less
CP 12:1 pistons - 500
Eagle rods - 350
LS crank - Again, I would expect that to come with the block I just bought.
GSR head - 500
Skunk2 Stage 2 cams - 500
Portflow valvesprings & retainers - 250
Skunk2 intake manifold - 200 max, and I would have bought AEBS, it has been dynoed to be better
Skunk2 cam gears - 150
DSM 450cc injectors - I've never priced them, I'd not pay more than 300 for inj. though
Crappy Ebay intake - Get a AEM V2, they are like 150
Ported ITR header - Again I could get one for less than 300
RSR ExMag exhaust = nice exhaust, but custom could be made better for less. Regardless, I've seen ExMag systems for 400
CarSound cat 75
CTR tranny 750? I dunno, I'd just get an itr
ACT ProLite flywheel - 250
Clutchmasters stage 3 clutch - hope you plan on more than 151 lb-ft...
P28 - 125
Hondata S200 - 500

Total plus 2000 car cost = 7850 if I did my math right. I'm sure cost of parts is gonna fluctuate a bit, but 15k is way more than too much. But like I said, I'm glad you are finally in something you like.

Oh...

Ummm....

Hatchback - $1500
Hasport mounts - $300
Shift linkage - $75
Buddy Club P1 wheels - $400
205/50/15 Falken Ziex tires - $312
Services and bearings from Intercrew - $836.50
Pistons/rods from Mike - $500
B20Z block - Traded for Slipstreams (I traded the Konigs I had for the slipstreams, and got the Konigs for free, so essentially I got the block for free)
GSR head - $400
ARP head bolts - $137
JDM CTR transmission - $1300
Hasport hydro-cable conversion and Tranny Mount - $312
Golden Eagle B20/VTEC kit - $240
IB-spec 13:1 pistons - Free from Phillip since the pistons I got from Mike got jacked
Eagle rods - Same as pistons
Skunk2 Cam Gears - $260
Skunk2 Stage 2 cams - $550
Portflow valvesprings & retainers - $304
JDM ITR header - $450
2.5" Flange for header - $25
2.5" gasket for header - $25
Skunk2 intake manifold - $190 from ebay
DSM Blue Top 450cc injectors $109 from ebay
Hondata IM gasket - $35 from ebay
Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch - Traded for ACT 4-puck (got a good deal because the ACT clutch was $230 and the CM is $497 new)
ACT ProLite 8.8lb flywheel - $280
Mugen thermostat - $80
RSR ExMag catback - $543
Tokico HP struts - $200
Skunk2 springs - $230
VIS hood - $372
Sparco hood pins - $35

That's from all the receipts I could find that are here at my house. I also bought all new gaskets/seals, plus the timing belt kit, but the receipts from that stuff isn't here, and if it's not in my 'drawer of shit' then I don't know where it is.

Total for all that is $10,000.50

Then the $2k I paid for the complete B18C1 block, as it sits now....Plus $265 for the Hondata and $1200 for everything else from Intercrew...and there's a few other here-and-there expenses that I didn't include because I don't remember exactly how much they are

Why does everyone come back to price with this project. Yes there is money spent and no it is none of your buisness how will spent his money. And glad to see mikebergey thinks it is so simple to do. If it is so simple then why dont you have 2 all motor monsters then? Good job man on completing your project even though it may not be exactly what you wanted but still fast none the less :w00t:

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jan 19 2005, 08:13 PM-->
C6 has the exposed fixed headlamps. They run 12.7s, and we're cool Will but I'm going to have to give this a "he wasn't giving it it's all" BS flag. Chevy tested those cars to 190 mph. There's no way a GSR hatch is going to pull on it.
[post=448371]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not? Wil's got more power than I do, weighs about 300-400 pounds less, but my setup still roasted a C5 from 80-140 with a passenger riding shotgun. He was definitely trying. I actually find Wil's run pretty believable- he's lighter, was driving solo, and had a bit more power (especially up top).

YouKnowWhoIBee
@Jan 19 2005, 10:52 PM
Why does everyone come back to price with this project. Yes there is money spent and no it is none of your buisness how will spent his money. And glad to see mikebergey thinks it is so simple to do. If it is so simple then why dont you have 2 all motor monsters then? Good job man on completing your project even though it may not be exactly what you wanted but still fast none the less :w00t:
[post=448449]Quoted post[/post]​

He's working on it, trust me. :)

If he can do it in one shot and not have to deal with bad parts or things getting stolen, then yes- he will be able to do it for less money. Me- I've spent more than twice as much as Wil, but I'm still not making as much power. :lol: :blink: I do have more goodies though. Hee hee. And more dead parts. :ph34r:

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 19 2005, 09:13 PM
[post=448371]Quoted post[/post]​

yes a hatch can do it. youre comparing quarter mile; where they start from a standstill. a rwd will get better times then a fwd in that situation. but on the highway, both are already moving so the corvette loses its off-the-line traction and torque advantage. also, Will's gears are most likely biased more towards acceleration then top speed(as most b-series transmissions top out around 140mph).

I agree, now I have also heard about its 190 top speed(corvette), but do they mention how long it takes to get there? I would like to know.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 19 2005, 10:45 PM
He's working on it, trust me.  :)

If he can do it in one shot and not have to deal with bad parts or things getting stolen, then yes- he will be able to do it for less money.  Me- I've spent more than twice as much as Wil, but I'm still not making as much power.  :lol: :blink:  I do have more goodies though.  Hee hee.  And more dead parts.  :ph34r:
[post=448472]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I probably have more dead parts, or at least parts not being used: Let's see, my inventory here at the house....
2 complete b16a bottom ends
2 complete b18a motors, and I broke them both thank you very much...
some bunk busted pr3 pistons that came out of one of the b16a blocks; i was pissed...
A complete and clean b16a head, awaiting me getting some REAL money to sink into it,
Skunk2 Stage 2 camshafts, Ti retainers and skunk2 valvesprings, also waiting;
a pr3 ecu waiting to be socketed,
a pr3 mani portmatched by me and modded to fit a pr4 head... There is probably more...maybe you do have more parts than me, Mike.
Like I said before, I'm stoked that will's car is running and that he likes driving, because that is what matters. I guess I would have gone for some better deals.
BTW, will, you would probably get more torque than that if you did a bit more tuning. The parts you have under the hood, and the CR you are running should get you higher than that.

Edit: How does that cable/hydro conversion feel compared to a straight hydro setup? I heard it sucks, but it's probably a matter of opinion.

Originally posted by driverunknown+Jan 20 2005, 01:07 AM-->
I agree, now I have also heard about its 190 top speed(corvette), but do they mention how long it takes to get there? I would like to know.
[post=448510]Quoted post[/post]​

Not THAT long... I get to 150 in a hurry- I'm sure the C6 is pretty similar. Hell, it's faster than my car, more aerodynamic, and has more torque to pull it through at the top end of its powerband.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jan 20 2005, 01:34 AM

I probably have more dead parts, or at least parts not being used: Let's see, my inventory here at the house....

maybe you do have more parts than me, Mike.

I probably don't have more now that I've been selling everything off, but I definitely had more when I first started selling my stuff off about 5 months ago.

MikeBergy
@Jan 20 2005, 01:34 AM
BTW, will, you would probably get more torque than that if you did a bit more tuning. The parts you have under the hood, and the CR you are running should get you higher than that.
[post=448517]Quoted post[/post]​

I made 160ftlb with about the same compression and only .5mm larger bore, but he's not too far off. What he really needs is a port/polish. 150 might be about right though... I made my 160 with lighter components, ceramic coats and 24cc more displacement.

Originally posted by spectacle@Jan 20 2005, 06:21 AM
all motor Honda....the expensive way to run 12's
[post=448559]Quoted post[/post]​

:roll:

Who cares about drag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back