1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2035, we're done.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

2. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

<--singing "its the end of the world as we know it"

oh and its 30 years away and not 20, Brian

3. Judo_boy_48

Judo_boy_48 Senior Member

Only 20 more years? Damnit, I'm only going to be 41 when that thing hits.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

oops... 30, yes. :p

5. gomezkun

gomezkun Yay for DOHC VTEC ^_^

You and me both - hopefully get all my crap that I want by then [​IMG]
    .... [​IMG]

6. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I do believe I predicted this.

But I also predicted that NASA crashed the NEAR probe into a comet for the same reason. That Comet will also be swinging VERY close to us.

This article doesn't name the asteroid, and I believe they are actually referring to the Tempel comet.

NASA's thinly veiled experiment to 'View the inside of a comet" was actually a test to see if they could destroy it, without causing global panic.

They failed.

If they had succeeded, They would have told us so.

I can't wait. But you know what I can't wait for even more ? AVIAN FLU. They say that 100,000s of Americans can be killed by it.

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I'm gonna be 53 when we all die from suffocation and extreme temperatures.

At least I'll have had my midlife crisis and a Corvette for a short period by then.

8. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

meh, no big deal- we probabaly won't have any oil left by that point anyway

9. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

[​IMG] :withstupid:

fuck it, im gonna be one of those paranoid fuckers and build a shelter under my house. everyone will think i'm wierd, but whne that shits hits, ill be safe. Blast From the Past, yo!

10. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

I'm just going to buy property as far inland as possible and pray the tsunami doesn't touch me. I don't care if everyone else is dead, as long as I'm still ticking I'm happy. I, of all people, could handle surviving on my own.

11. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

yea but if it hits land you're gonna have to deal with dust covering the sky, so if you are above ground you might be screwed.

12. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

No Offense. Hey, while we're getting the compliments out of the way, how about you kill yourself too ?

Truth be told: I am craving to see what happens next. Remember this line from Private Parts:

"The average Fan of Howard's program listens for 15 minutes. The reason: They want to hear what he says next"
    "The average Hater of Howard's program listens for 45 minutes. The Reason: The want to hear what he says next"

I'm the same way with the human condition. I am so intent on it, because I want to destroy it. I view the end (like a hundred thousand deaths from a flu) not as a problem, but as a solution. I think when we cut down the population, we will begin to hold each other (everyone) in higher regards, and thus treat each other with more respect.

I hate people. Do I disrespect? No. Quite the opposite. Now... about you killing yourself... :mrgreen:

13. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

for one, by 2035, id hope we would have some means of detering such an asteroid hit. or blowing it up, or whatever. but if we dont, staying inlind wont exactly help. because if it hits water, which is very likely, it will still hit land. itll flash boil the water and slam into the sea floor. massive earthquakes worldwide. then shit gets kicked up, blocks the sun, ect, ect. same way the dinosaurs died. the asteriod that wiped them out hit water, in the gulf of mexico i believe.

14. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

"Initially the collision was predicted for 2028, but the latest calculations show that in 2028 the asteroid will only pass very close to Earth. However, Shor says that his research predicts that the asteroid’s orbit could change and it may return in seven years this time crashing into the Earth’s surface."

Did anyone else read? Shor, the researcher, is banking on the fact that the comet "COULD" change its course to a seeminly unknown course, that will result in a collision with the earth seven years later.

Obviously the course that the comet is on now is no immediate threat, its simply if the comet changes courses to a course that would result in collision. You know what the chances of that happening are when there's an infinite amount of courses that the comet could take? I like my odds.

15. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

[B.I.G] I'm ready to die.... [/B.I.G.]

16. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

What does him hating the world have anything to do with his life or death? Maybe its enjoyable for people like Steve to hate the world and view himself as an individual set amongst an infinite group of morons. Some find joy in hate and thus it becomes love to them. "There's a thin line between love and hate."

17. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I'm not reading anyone's posts in this thread....

but why is it always bootleg-ass news resources that noone's ever heard of that announces this shit?

18. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

This is one of those things where, even if the billion to one chance that it DOES hit Earth comes to pass, who cares. It's not like you can do anything about a meteor hitting the planet, so why bother worrying about it. And wtf is MOSNEWS anyway? Sounds like some Russian scientists are just looking to grab some attention.

19. gomezkun

gomezkun Yay for DOHC VTEC ^_^

I believe the ol' saying is true.
    If we are gonna worry about stuff like this it's going to be a waste of time.
    Just live life like you didn't know this was going to happen and carry on. No sense of freaking out and the such - if there is a way to prevent it, we will just find it. If not, well, let's carry on, have a drink and say it was one hell of a ride ^^

20. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

30 years eh?
    smoke if ya got em :)

im not worried, its already been well established that i cant be killed by conventional means
    although an asteroid impact isnt very "conventional" [​IMG]

oh well, fuck it [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.