2035, we're done.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe I predicted this.

But I also predicted that NASA crashed the NEAR probe into a comet for the same reason. That Comet will also be swinging VERY close to us.

This article doesn't name the asteroid, and I believe they are actually referring to the Tempel comet.

NASA's thinly veiled experiment to 'View the inside of a comet" was actually a test to see if they could destroy it, without causing global panic.

They failed.

If they had succeeded, They would have told us so.

I can't wait. But you know what I can't wait for even more ? AVIAN FLU. They say that 100,000s of Americans can be killed by it.

I'm gonna be 53 when we all die from suffocation and extreme temperatures.

At least I'll have had my midlife crisis and a Corvette for a short period by then.

Quoted post[/post]]
At least I'll have had my midlife crisis and a Corvette for a short period by then.
:laugh: :withstupid:

fuck it, im gonna be one of those paranoid fuckers and build a shelter under my house. everyone will think i'm wierd, but whne that shits hits, ill be safe. Blast From the Past, yo!

I'm just going to buy property as far inland as possible and pray the tsunami doesn't touch me. I don't care if everyone else is dead, as long as I'm still ticking I'm happy. I, of all people, could handle surviving on my own.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm just going to buy property as far inland as possible and pray the tsunami doesn't touch me. I don't care if everyone else is dead, as long as I'm still ticking I'm happy. I, of all people, could handle surviving on my own.
yea but if it hits land you're gonna have to deal with dust covering the sky, so if you are above ground you might be screwed.

for one, by 2035, id hope we would have some means of detering such an asteroid hit. or blowing it up, or whatever. but if we dont, staying inlind wont exactly help. because if it hits water, which is very likely, it will still hit land. itll flash boil the water and slam into the sea floor. massive earthquakes worldwide. then shit gets kicked up, blocks the sun, ect, ect. same way the dinosaurs died. the asteriod that wiped them out hit water, in the gulf of mexico i believe.

"Initially the collision was predicted for 2028, but the latest calculations show that in 2028 the asteroid will only pass very close to Earth. However, Shor says that his research predicts that the asteroid’s orbit could change and it may return in seven years this time crashing into the Earth’s surface."

Did anyone else read? Shor, the researcher, is banking on the fact that the comet "COULD" change its course to a seeminly unknown course, that will result in a collision with the earth seven years later.

Obviously the course that the comet is on now is no immediate threat, its simply if the comet changes courses to a course that would result in collision. You know what the chances of that happening are when there's an infinite amount of courses that the comet could take? I like my odds.

What does him hating the world have anything to do with his life or death? Maybe its enjoyable for people like Steve to hate the world and view himself as an individual set amongst an infinite group of morons. Some find joy in hate and thus it becomes love to them. "There's a thin line between love and hate."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not reading anyone's posts in this thread....

but why is it always bootleg-ass news resources that noone's ever heard of that announces this shit?

This is one of those things where, even if the billion to one chance that it DOES hit Earth comes to pass, who cares. It's not like you can do anything about a meteor hitting the planet, so why bother worrying about it. And wtf is MOSNEWS anyway? Sounds like some Russian scientists are just looking to grab some attention.

I believe the ol' saying is true.
If we are gonna worry about stuff like this it's going to be a waste of time.
Just live life like you didn't know this was going to happen and carry on. No sense of freaking out and the such - if there is a way to prevent it, we will just find it. If not, well, let's carry on, have a drink and say it was one hell of a ride ^^

30 years eh?
smoke if ya got em :)

im not worried, its already been well established that i cant be killed by conventional means
although an asteroid impact isn't very "conventional" :hmm:

oh well, fuck it :shrug2:

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm truly amazed at how both of you can be so smart and so incredibly stupid at the same time. I don't know whether to shake my head or give you a standing ovation.

Translation. You should try actually living for a change instead of being so focused on anger, hate, and death. You'll be a far happier person. If you're just sitting around waiting for death, you're already dead and you might as well go lay in a coffin.

I'm sure anything either of you have to say is going to sound like "blah, blah, blah, I'm smarter than you, blah, blah, blah". So save it and let everyone else have their thread back.

Blanco you start by telling us how we're smart and incredibly stupid and then you go on to tell us how to live life.

I already babied you and told you that perhaps Steve enjoys living the way he does, and thus to him he's actually living. Did you miss the entire point about love being closely related to hate and how people may enjoy hating so much that they love it and as a result even if they're hateful, they may have a happy, loving, life?

Your opinion of living may be very different from others, but you can go ahead, tell us (I'm not an unhappy or hateful person, so I don't know why you're including me here, other than misconceptions you've made online from an internet forum) the formula to a happy life because you're a genius and know all as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back