205-50-15 rubbing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

i had some 205 50 15 in the front and they rubbed everytime i turned. my car is dropped with neuspeed race springs so its not exactly slammed, any of you have this rubbing problem on your civics with 205 50 15's?

205/50/15 shoudn't rub, not at my experience, but yeah, what is your wheel offset? if you had a 205/50/16 i could see it rubbing.

my 205/50/15 azenis rubbed on the side of the fender well on the inside of the tire. It only rubbed when turning very sharp and under a load. Are you talking about rubbing the inside or the top of your well?

edit: running same wheels as Cal has described.

im not sure the offset, the wheels i had on there were 15x7 momo ferrari engineering. i have 00 style civic si rims now and im about to order some new tires and wanted to go with 205's but the exp. i had with momos i wasnt sure.

6 wide, 45 out = rub on fender. sure.

7 wide, 42 out, no rubbing :)

Well it depends on the drop you have.

I have a 96 civic ls on 205/50/15 gsr wheels and a 2 inch drop also neuspeed springs and they rubed the fenders and inner wheel wels i have kummo extra supra tires on them.

Just hammered in my inner wheel wel where it rubed and called it a day when the rubbing sound stoped. and yes a 6 inch wheel will rub. just nee to get a camber kit.

Back