205 mph in....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm a little hard pressed to belive that, the reason being is there a few super cars that can achieve that, let alone an m6, i'm not saying it didn't happen, but it sure didn't look like he was going 205mph, it looked more like 150-160mph.

watch the video again
look at the location of the needle on the left (thats the speedometer)
notice that it is all the way at the last didgits on the speedometer
now look at this picture http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/04/bmwm605_hud.jpg
notice the numbers where the needle was in the video
330 km/h

the M6 is electronically limited from the factory to 155mph
but it has all the potential in the world to hit 200+ mph
it has a 500bhp V10 (same engine that is in the new M5)

200mph is not as fast as it once was
hell the 200 mph mark has been acheived by a supercharged civic

TRUE, i guess. i did notice the gauge was at 330klm, but when the camera looks up at the road, it doesn't look that fast, it could just be the camera. good job to the guy thou, 50 more miles an hour and he can keep up with the bugatti veyron!

gallery_36906_353_35730.jpg

bmwm605_hud.jpg

I doubt it will keep up with a veyron...the bugatti will get up to speed a lot faster. Not to mention, the bugatti is "limited" to a 250mph top speed from the factory, just like bmw is limited to 155mph.

you can't compare a 125k car to a 4million dollar car lol so why bother? the bugatti smokes f1 cars for chrst sakes....

uh, yeah... the ne wm5 and m6 are 7 speed's dude.... where have you been? :p

this is a pretty much stock m6 with a re-flashed ecu to remove the speed limiter....

i wasn't saying that the m6 could smoke it or anything, i was just saying its could possibly hit the same speed, sorry.

belive me, that veyron will smoke anything, the m6 is no compitetion.
still a nice car that m6 is though.

I know I know, I was just quoting you...ya just can't put those two cars in the same sentence RAWR! but seriously, i'd take either one...two bad ass cars...better than anything i've ever driven so far...:cry:

One of the guys in my car club just took delivery of a new 06' M5. He's only 110 miles into the 1500 mile break in. Till then, he can't go above 6k RPM, or use the 'M' mode.

The car is still the balls though.

m mode changes the fuel and air settings to give it extra hp and on top of that it adjusts the suspension, to give the car a "race feel to it. it unlocks the beast within.

Quoted post[/post]]
you can't compare a 125k car to a 4million dollar car lol so why bother? the bugatti smokes f1 cars for chrst sakes....

Why not.

You compare a $32,000 STi to a $60,000 M3 or $90,000 M5 all the time. :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
When did BMW start making acura TLs?

fast or slow, its still ugly

I love the new BMW lineup, despite what the majority of people on here have said.

My friend has a new 530i and its tits. Yes, tits, thats the only way to describe it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
You compare a $32,000 STi to a $60,000 M3 or $90,000 M5 all the time. :wink:

quote me one time i did that.

You ALWAYS compare everything to the M series, how else would I know that you're a luxury whore? I'm sure if I looked there's a comparison to it somewhere - perhaps in the thread you talked about buying the M3 but I'm not positive. For you, since I joined the board, the measuring stick by which you measure something has always been the M series. Shit look at the emoticons :buyanm: Need I say more?

...sidenote, I don't mean that you had to directly say, "The M3 is better than the STi because...this, that, and the other thing" just that you compare them.

Back