.20mm piston oversize what do i bore the block to?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
im doing a build in my integra, i have the b18c1 block, its got alot of miles on it so i am honing it out a bit, the pistons i bought are .20 over stock size so do i bore the block out to 81.25? or will the .05 leave to small or to large of a gap?

i was told that you dont want the pistons in there to tight cause you will fry the rings
but if the pistons are .20 larger then stock then i want to bore it out to .20 exactly?

so for the tighter the piston to wall is the safer... i didnt know if you wanted a little room or snug to where it may want to grind..

stock bore on my block is 81mm i bought pistons that are 81.20 so i want to bore the block to 81.2008 to keep a safe number.
just making sure sorry to repost
so that would be the proper ring clearance?

What they'll do it measure the pistons with a micrometer to get their actual physical size, add the desired piston to wall clearance, bolt the block to their machine by the main bearing cap bolt holes, bore each cylinder just a cunt hair under, and then hone to the perfect size.

What is the standard for cunt hair thickness? Just wondering... :ph34r:

But yeah, take the pistons, block, and specs to the machine shop, and come back for them in a few days.

Back