22 inch Monitor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I need to find a new monitor, or two for my boss.
his current one is a 22" widescreen but it looks wavy and not very sharp.

i have a pair of dell's, a couple years old and they seem to be going strong
should i look into dell? or just best buy etc?
his eye sight is deteriorating as he gets older and i would assume the sharper the image the less work the eyes have to do, so should i look for a particular resolution?

this thing is pretty badass, although pricey. i'm thinking i can stay under $200 a piece
2XU2212r2.JPG

Last edited:
dell ultrasharps are pretty good. a bit more pricey than the std issue, but they are worth it.

it depends on what he does, but it sounds like he could use an IPS panel. Something like this:

23" Dell UltraSharp U2312HM IPS (1920x1080) Monitor $229 + Free Shipping - Dell Small Business Deals, Coupons and Promos

IPS panels have much better viewing angles and color. This comes at a cost of response time, but for most people its worth the trade off. I would also look into LED lighting because of its uniformity and brightness. In terms of resolution, most monitors 19" to 24" are all "1080p" now (ideal would be 1920x1200), but thats not a biggy unless he games and he probably doesn't.

Dell Ultrasharps have long been know for quality a long with Samsung, Benq, etc...

I have a dell ultrasharp u2410. 24" IPS, color quality is amazing after calibration. I couldn't be happier with it.

how does Asus compare to Dell or hannsG
i think he currently has a hannsG, we originally bought 2 of those

is asus like a nike or reebok, and the HannsG is like the $5 shoe bin?

I've seen a few Asus monitors in action, and have been impressed with the image quality. As far as durability, can't speak because I've never owned one.

ive had an asus 24" something something with HDMI on my desk for 2 years, still works like new.

My 2nd monitor is an Asus 24", used everyday for over 2 years, no issues.

Back