240 is on the road :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
got my plates and insurance today. its going to cost me about 600 a year on top of the 900/ yr for the del sol. thats just gay.
on my policy, we have 5 cars for 3 drivers..... and the rates are stupid high. i thought it would only be a couple hundred more to add yet another car to the list.

fuck Work/metropoltian. i'm going insurance hunting sometime soon with my dad.

but, in other news, i pulled the ass move of the day-
went to get gas....
pulled up on the wrong side of the pump :doh: nissans have the filler on the other side of the car.
ass move number 2, after i pull the car around... i thought the pump was in the hole... but i guess not. i put about 85 cents of gas down the side of the car and ground. lmao. the nissan has like a little metal plate thing at the top of the tank, and i didn't have the nozzle in all the way, so it just overflowed everywhere. :D

hehe its all good though. day 1 with the car was fun.

Lora: "I like the del sol better. its cute."

:doh:

lol oh well. i told her i paid $500 for it, and she shrugged... girls... they just don't understand the car thing....

i think i've decided what im going to do with it. next to nothing. im keeping it stock. when the sol is done, and when im sick of it come spring, im out. i think im following wild bill and going ///M3. between the 2 cars, i should have most if not all of the cash for a mid-90's e36 ///M series. and then, im straight pimping, in a phat ride, and i can' still drift with the best of them. lol

we'll see though.... i need to move out of my house first.

oh yeah, this also means the del sol is going on stands this weekend sometime... im picking up the hoist on saturday... and from there, project sol is going to take place.

When you get tired of the Sol, AKA it clows up in your face, give me a call. I'll purchase it, and gladly have it towed back down to Memphis. ;)

I don't get the big deal with having an M3 I mean yea hthey are nice looking german designed, but why would you want to buy a used one. A mid 90's model must have close to 100,000 miles on it. :shrug2:

I'd have to have a new one if anything.

i've yet to own a car with less than 100k. lol so who cares. miles mean dick to me.

anyway....

here's a couple pics. not a bad buy at all :)

s3f743e245a563.jpg

s3f743e311d509.jpg

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Sep 26 2003, 08:44 AM
I don't get the big deal with having an M3 I mean yea hthey are nice looking german designed, but why would you want to buy a used one. A mid 90's model must have close to 100,000 miles on it. :shrug2:

I'd have to have a new one if anything.

Maintenance on a new or young bimmer is ridiculous. Read some of Pat's threads over in CSi. lol. Sometimes it's better to own an older car with less gadgets to break on it. lol a/c leaks, fans and power windows, expensive inspections in order to keep the warranty valid...

With a brand new car, you always get hit with a huge depreciation the moment you drive it off the dealer's lot. I don't think that I'll ever waste my money on a new car. Buy a good used car, have it professionally detailed and spray some "new car smell" in it.

And... if you are uncomfortable buying a used one, why buy it new?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 26 2003, 09:27 AM
i've yet to own a car with less than 100k. lol so who cares. miles mean dick to me.

anyway....

here's a couple pics. not a bad buy at all :)

Nice car B. And definitely an excellent buy! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 26 2003, 08:54 AM

That statement makes absolutely no sense.

Because a new vehicle is just that...NEW!

where is the RB mang...

nice ride, I told my auction guy to go ahead and pick me up a red/black 91+hatch... since there is a ton of them and they have the best weight distribution of all 240's and they are the lightest...

Originally posted by sisteve+Sep 26 2003, 12:13 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Sep 26 2003, 08:54 AM

That statement makes absolutely no sense.

Because a new vehicle is just that...NEW!

Think about it... the difference between a new car and a used one is time and miles. No well-designed, well-built, well-maintained car should ever be a headache as a used car.

New cars are frequently a headache. Maybe it's from new technology, or too many bells and whistles. A warranty is a safety net, but who wants to keep bringing back any car for service, even if it's free? :roll:

And since originally B. and CRX-YEM were discussing M3's. How wonderful can a new bimmer be, if their owners are held hostage by mucho expensive routine scheduled maintenances in order to keep their warranties valid?

since when are new cars a headache? Have you owned a cnew car? My Si was never a problem (cept for the check engine light that kept popping on because an 02 sensor went) but other than that, I have never had a mechanical problem with the car. I always got a rental when my car needed service and was never a hassle......

and if you are questioning why he wants a new M3, you have no idea what your talking about. The E46 M3 is just an amazing all around car. Extremly powerful and fast, Extremly comfortable, refined, ect......you can't really comment on something you don't know mucg about. Thats like someone asking me which I would prefer, the Murcialago or the Maranello......I know which one I like asthetically, I know the differences between the two, but until you get behind the whell and drive it, you will never know.....

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 26 2003, 12:59 PM
Think about it... the difference between a new car and a used one is time and miles. No well-designed, well-built, well-maintained car should ever be a headache as a used car.

New cars are frequently a headache. Maybe it's from new technology, or too many bells and whistles. A warranty is a safety net, but who wants to keep bringing back any car for service, even if it's free? :roll:

And since originally B. and CRX-YEM were discussing M3's. How wonderful can a new bimmer be, if their owners are held hostage by mucho expensive routine scheduled maintenances in order to keep their warranties valid?

THe main difference between a NEW and a USED vehicle is the ownership in conjuction with the miles on the odometer.

Every car is a headache in any way, shape or form to a specific person. Wether it be a car fanatic who is meticulous about his vehicle. To the average joe who just uses it to get back and forth to work or school.

A new BMW or anyother vehicle appeals to a certain crowd once again. If you buy a new M3 or any other vehicle, you should obviously look into the fact that maintainence will be an issue.

And BTW it is not MANDATORY to bring your vehicle in for scheduled maintainence to continue your warranty which is afforded to the original owner when the vehicle is purchased NEW. It is preventative care on the specific vehicle.

Maybe your friend Pat is in a certain situation where he has to do this because he has an extended warranty thru the dealer since his vehicle is USED.

I myself, would much rather purchase a new vehicle (which I have already done in my life) compared to a used vehicle as I am a meticulous owner when it comes to an automobile that I care about. You do not know how the previous vehicle was treated before you, yourself become the owner when purchasing a USED vehicle.

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 26 2003, 02:15 PM
I myself, would much rather purchase a new vehicle (which I have already done in my life) compared to a used vehicle as I am a meticulous owner when it comes to an automobile that I care about. You do not know how the previous vehicle was treated before you, yourself become the owner when purchasing a USED vehicle.

That's exactly my point.

and not once have I had a single problem with the new vehicles I've bought in the past two years. and I guess I've been quite lucky the guy who owned my crx before me was a nut and kept it in a garage and it only had 32K on the odometer and was taken care of better than his children.

Well, so far I've never had to buy a used car from a guy in their 20's. So maybe that would be a scary thing. I've usually bought my cars from adults. I've go through the car's receipts and then I always have it inspected by my mechanics. If they bless it, it's good to go. This current car of mine with 260K miles, I bought from my old dealership. It was one year old with 24K miles on it. It was bought at a car auction. So someone racked up some highway miles on it and then maybe defaulted on their payments. Well I've never a problem with it. Civics are a pretty much straight forward cars mechanically too. As are the older BMW's. I have two sets of mechanics that really know their stuff too.

Some of my opinions were also formed from selling cars. The smartest people were the ones choosing a 2-3 old car (like an Accord), rather than buying a new one (a Civic). They ended up going home with alot more car. Well go ahead and throw away your hard earned money on buying brand new cars then. I just know that I have other things to do with mine. *shrug*

And I see B. being fairly saavy with his car choices also. B)

And it is just that, a personal opinion, but I dont understand this statement:

The smartest people were the ones choosing a 2-3 old car (like an Accord), rather than buying a new one (a Civic).

how does that make the purchaser any more intelligent? Becase they are buying a used car, with little to no warranty...compared to a brand new vehicle which has never been beaten and carries a factory warranty.

My logic obviously does not equal yours.

Back