240 is on the road :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Brian...glad you got that 240 finally on the road :) i cant wait to hear what you are gonna do to it

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 26 2003, 06:50 PM
So I respect Katie's budget and yours, but sensibly, make that to-do list on her car. Total up the expense and decide if it's time to just buy a younger car. For me, it was always cheaper to keep the current cars going. But I never let anything slide. I even did a CV boot earlier this summer. I just didn't want to keep checking on the little crack in it.

I've had the to-do list ready for a long time- it's just waiting for her to put up the money for it. Seeing how I have no income right now, still own half her car, and still mostly pay for the maintenance on it, I think she can pay for the stuff that has to be done... and that takes some time. Also, like you said- it is still cheaper for us to maintain this car than to buy another one. We got a hell of a deal on a Civic with everything working on it (88 LX sedan, $1400), that there's no way we could find another deal that cheap, or within her price range ($0) but still as good of a value.

Now maintenance on the CRX and my Civic- that's another story. Everything is expensive for the Civic.

:lol: :(

That car was a great deal at $1400! Plus I'm jealous that your Southern cars are safe from the road salt that us Northerners get. So her car could conceivably last forever. So the upkeep on it is even more worth it. *sigh*

Yeah, exactly- she just has to come up with the money to maintain it. New tires, wheels (bent now), shocks, condensor fan, muffler/tailpipe.... there's a bunch of expensive stuff that needs to be done, but once they're taken care of, the car will be nice to drive again.

:werd: Its been so long.......Time to make your car fast, and not your garage anymore.

Good lookin 240 B. Congrats :thumbsup:

Nissan ownz j00.

Nissan can suck mine...well, fort wayne nissan can. :lol:

why buy a used M3?

well a 95 M3 with about 100k can be found for around 14gs

when i owned the nissan i paid $1600 for it, and if i started workin on the car i would have put like 10gs into paint, body kit, swap, ect and then i'd own a 93 nissan 240 for 11,600

i'd much rather buy a 95 BMW M3 at 14,000 and be happy with it in stock form . . . BMWs are just the most beautiful cars, not hot or phat or sick, but beautiful. its like BMW says . . the are "the ultimate driving machine"

I hate 240s, but I am all about the mid 90s m3. I love those cars, and with just a little bit of color matching on the exterior, they look fucking awesome. Also, Bimmers look sick with polished lip rims because of their widebodyish fenders.

Back