240 or crx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

I called about a 240sx in the paper today and went to take a look at it. Its white and has some paint damage and the interior isn't the greatest but looks don't mean much to me. They also have a crx for sale. its primer red and has a ricey white and red interior. it was an hf with a single cam si motor. I don't know which way to go another fwd honda or a rwd nissan. the crx is about 1500 and the 240 is 2500. i didn't look at the crx much but i drove the 240 and it shifted smooth and they just put some new parts in as maintenance. It has a brand new aftermarket clutch with about 1000 miles on it. i can't decide what to get, the crx is a good deal i think but i really want somethin with a driveshaft. I'm keepin my civic so i think it'll be good to have a fwd honda and a rwd nissan so i can play with all 4 worlds.

well, what's each car worth to you? Do you think you'll regret spending 2500 on a rwd car with shitty paint and a worn interior?

or would you have more regret spending 1500 on a (in your own words)... ricey red/white interior and primered red exterior?

I'd personally take the 240SX simply because I don't see them all the time.

I did look at one a few months ago...they wanted 6500 for it...damn dealerships...I fuckin hate Fort wayne Nissan. :p

2500 240sx? you must've looked at a pre-95 model
if you have a daily driver already just get a beater. for the track either car would work pretty well if done right. either way just get whatever you want, but i would get the 240SX instead

240sx even if its a fastback you already have a civic and you'll love getting sideways in the 240.

i'm definately swaying to the 240 it's a 91 by the way and i was just lookin for one in the paper today like i do every sunday and i actually found one. I think i'm gonna get it. oh by the way there is some moisture, which is almost definately gas, on the valve cover by the plug wires. could that be because the plugs aren't torqued to spec.

where are you located at? 2500 for a 240 seems a bit high for a 91. I bought mine for 550 and i see them in the bargain traders for under 1,000 all the time.

i'll look in to it and try to talk him down. it runs good and all though but there's not much to compare it too around here

yeah...240's are rare here in st. louis, needless to say a 95+ manual is fucking neigh-impossible to find for a decent price

Originally posted by silver@Oct 5 2003, 03:58 PM
yeah...240's are rare here in st. louis, needless to say a 95+ manual is fucking neigh-impossible to find for a decent price

yeah my girl got her 95 for $5800. hard to come by down here in the south too.

i've been trying to call but the lines busy but i think i'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. yay. 240 for me. i'm excited

i can't wait. i'm goin there straight after school. i'm so anxious

starting to get the feeling the 240 is the new civic.... not in rice terms but before alot of ppl wanted civics to mod...now alot of ppl want 240's

blah blah blah. someone put a lil too much haterade in their orange juice today. who cares if everyone gets them that just means that quailty parts will get cheaper and more abundant. so if you own a 240 be happy that eveyone wants one. just makes you look better and can help your wallet too. :roll:

yeah..... did i say i was hating, no. i actually wanted one for a while, but couldnt find one in my range. i think they are nice cars. dont know what you were thinkin....

i think one of the reasons is that among imports, RWD isnt as readily-available here. The big RWD cars are like 300zx, supras and S2K's. the point is that 240's are cheap and RWD, which is why i think they are becomming more popular.

Back