240 seat belt buzzer is driving me nuts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
there's a loose sensor or something on the auto belt, and everytime i move, the thing freakin dings. UGH! soooooooooo annoying.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 7 2004, 06:56 PM
there's a loose sensor or something on the auto belt, and everytime i move, the thing freakin dings. UGH! soooooooooo annoying.

i cant figure out mine either, its a ding coming from the fusebox. i looked.... maybe we should ask at beaverun or on dgta?

its def in the door/track of the shoulder belt. one of these days when im not lazy (read, 2-3 years from now) i'm going to have to take apart the door

I hate dingers. I'd either find that sensor or pull the dinging unit out. At my shop, we recieved a 2004 Chevy 3500 Dump Truck. It's not uncommon for the guys to leave the door open while working so they can listen to the radio.

No dinger box, and the door switch is internal. Even if I did find the door switch, the dome light wouldn't work and the radio would never turn itself off because the newer rigs turn off the radio when you open the door. The dinging sound came from the drivers door speaker. I didn't want to disconnect the stereo or that speaker. I ended up removing the column plastic to gain access to the ignition lock area. I cut the ground that makes contact while the key is in.

Problem solved :)

Why don't they make dingers that turn off after 5-10 seconds??????

B- just try disconnecting the plug under the seat. My HB doesn't ding at all when the sensor's not hooked up to the seat- the light just goes off without any sound.

canadian models didn't come with the electrical seatbelts.............fyi :ph34r:

yeah, mine is annoying also

Back