240sx offset question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I found some wheels w/ tires, rota subzero, 18", for a descent price, they are now on a s14 chassis, i have a s13 chassis, they are 4x114.3 bolt pattern, now i believe the offset is 45mm, would that setup work on mine? I mean i figure they would since they are coming off of a 240sx. Tire sizes are 215 35r 18 front and 235 40r 18 rear.

Those wheels were originaly designed for a FWD car as the offset is pretty high.

For instance, you would want something 18x9 or 17x9ish with a +25 offset. They will look/perform much better on your RWD car.

I think 240's (or any RWD car) look like ass w/high offset wheels.

Not only do they look like ass, they perform like ass as well.

Haha, thanks, i think I want to go with some 17's anyway, and I decided not to buy those, does anyone have suggestions on some wheels? They would have to be 4lug.

you'll find that 4lug wheels are VERY hard to come by for a 240. Every once and a while you can find a set on zilvia.net for sale.

Do the Z32 brake swap and join the 5lug band wagon.

Quoted post[/post]]
you'll find that 4lug wheels are VERY hard to come by for a 240. Every once and a while you can find a set on zilvia.net for sale.

Do the Z32 brake swap and join the 5lug band wagon.
How hard is it to do that? And isnt it expencive, I havent found much of anything.
Also where can i find it?

ugh... S13s have NO ROOM for cool wheels up front. anthing smaller than +32 offset with coilovers will rub.

stock s13 wheels are +38, so agreably +45 is a little high, but they will fit.......

if you are gonna run something like AGX/eibachs then you can push as far as about +18 but thats gonna kill the steering feel. just get some staggered ones. 16x7 +32 to +38 front and 16x8 +18 to +0 for the rear. game over. plenty of room for 300zx brakes.

........ and 18s on S13s look gay. and so do 17"s

and 4lug wheels are easy to find, you just have to know where to look.

Ive been looking, just not sure on what wheels my budget will support, i was thinking maybe some konig rewinds, 15x7. Black w/ polished lip, since i plan on painting the car black.

haha, im gonna order those next week

and from konig they only come in silver, or graphite with a polished lip.

15x7 +40 front
15x7 +0 rear

Back