240sx Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

discumbobulateme

what is the best swap for a 240sx a sr20det seriese motor or a rb20dett seriese motor please let me know

I know the name Hondaswap.com can get real confusing,not that people here don't like the Nissans,but don't you think you'd get a better response at a Nissan forum?

rb20dett.

yes go to mckenzie motorsports if you search online you will find it they do the swaps and will give you a price but the real ? is if your going rb then you need to get the rb26dett dont fool around though cause to do all fab and everything its like 5g's just to put it in and do fab in a 240 i dont even think that include the motor let me know how it goes

well, there is no rb20dett
its a single turbo, hence rb20det

the Sr-series is a complete aluminum block and head, while the Rb-series motors are cast iron blocks with aluminum heads. by default, the sr20 is a better motor just from those specs.

IMO, you should do the sr20, simply beacuse its easier to do, and has about the same power as the rb20.
now if this was rb25det vs sr20det, my vote goes to the rb25, as that is what i plan to do to my next car :) but, it requires a skyline cross member, and a bunch of other custom parts.

check out http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.com/
they have good forums.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 5 2003, 02:31 AM
as that is what i plan to do to my next car :) but, it requires a skyline cross member, and a bunch of other custom parts.

B, i thought u found a hatch that u wanted to get?

hatch was to be used instead of the sol.
the sol won't fuckign sell
so im swapping in the sol
im already bored with the car
so it will be going at some point all swapped and boosted up
then im getting a 240 to start to build up
and then, im done with honda and nissan for ever.
going across the other ocean into bigger, better, more powerful, more luxiours cars, known as ///M

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 5 2003, 04:38 AM
and then, im done with honda and nissan for ever.
going across the other ocean into bigger, better, more powerful, more luxiours cars, known as ///M

ill see ya there :)

Even though this is a Honda forum, you should defintley go for the SR20. A couple of my friends have them, and they kick ass.

i had an s13 with an sr20det redtop... emphasis on "had." it was stolen. but that thing flew with just bolt-ons beating my friend's 35th anniversay 6-spd Z28. one thing tho, the only advantage i see of an aluminum block over an aluminum one is weight. and another thing, i believe that the rb20det would produce better high-end power, offering better revability. but still it is easier to swap the sr20det... spend the money you would've spent on custom fabrication and work and you could buy a highly-recommended aftermarket LSD and beef up the suspension with some JIC magic and so many other things.

do it, have fun, and remember... lock up that thing every friggin' time you leave the car. mine was staked out for weeks after being followed home and the one night i forgot to put the AutoLock on it was stolen, got it back in about a thousand pieces.

and remove the speed-limiter and get a Nismo speedometer that reads up to 260kmh (161mph) then you can see that it'll top out at about 170mph, going about 7200rpm in fifth.

Originally posted by S13Less@May 8 2003, 05:26 PM
and remove the speed-limiter and get a Nismo speedometer that reads up to 260kmh (161mph) then you can see that it'll top out at about 170mph, going about 7200rpm in fifth.

dude, you can change speedometers all day long. just putting in a different speedometer it wouldn't be acturate.

Originally posted by Samba Green Sol+May 10 2003, 12:04 PM-->
@May 8 2003, 05:26 PM

dude, you can change speedometers all day long. just putting in a different speedometer it wouldn't be acturate.

yeah, i don't think it'd be too acturate. but when you pay a well-respected company known for making products for one specific manufacturer several hundred dollars for a speedometer specifically made for your vehicle that plugs in and plays fine, and reads correctly with before/after testing and using simple algebra with tire size, gear ratios, and RPM to calculate speed to verify - it's pretty damn accurate.

Have you considered putting in a rb25det? They run for about 4k i believe and greddy makes a much better intake manifold than the ones that come factory.

Milan

Don't get the sr20det. I've seen better dyno charts with the stock ka24de engine with a turbo. The money that you would spend on the swap you can save to just turbo your stock engine. sr20det = 2.0 ka24de = 2.4. Lot's more torque. A buddy of mine was giong to do the swap but then realized that it would be a lot better to just turbo your stock motor. Good luck

By the way........ Did any of you guys see that import show on TNT a few Sunday's ago? Hondas whooped on the Nissans at the track!

The guys at back yard productions here in south florida love to just turbo the KA. I still say go with the RB2.5, a little turbo upgrade with all the usual bolt on's and the greddy intake manny with a front mount and you are for sure in the low 12's kid.

Milan

Originally posted by 831civic@May 30 2003, 11:33 PM
would be a lot better to just turbo your stock motor. Good

Hondas whooped on the Nissans at the track!

you have NO idea what you are talking about...

Back