240sx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I now drive a 90 honda accord with some general mods done to it. A friend of mine wants to buy it from me. I found a 91 240SX for sale from a local dealer with 137,000 miles on it for $3000. My friend wants to give me a $3000 for my car. The 91 puts out 155hp and 160tq. Do you think I should go for this? How reliable would you say a 240SX would be? I don't know many people that own them so any info on this car would be nice, I have already checked many specs online.

Peace*

Plain and simple, you never know how reliable that car is going to be unless you know the previous owner and know exactly how he/she took care of and drove it. Just go drive it and check it out. Two of my friends have 240 and like them alot and never heard them complain about any problems. Swap SR20DET in there. :D

I think the S13 red top is rated at 205@10psi and 280@16psi (max stock boost). Can anyone back me up on this?

This is hondaswap.com though. You prolly need to try a Nissan site dedicated to all that jazz. They will probably help you out more. :D

Originally posted by dcsports413@Jun 12 2003, 10:57 AM
I think the S13 red top is rated at 205@10psi and 280@16psi (max stock boost). Can anyone back me up on this?

This is hondaswap.com though. You prolly need to try a Nissan site dedicated to all that jazz. They will probably help you out more. :D

205 is on stock boost (which is 7lbs.) I don't know where you are located but I spoke with a guy the other day in AutoZone and he has a 1990 240sx fastback with 98,000 miles that he wants to sell for $1,200. Also, max boost on the stock turbo is 14lbs. anything past that and your out of the turbo's efficiency range. The stock turbo on a Red Top is a t-25. Also, the stock intercooler is only good to about 10lbs., anything past that and you will need a fmic. The sr20det can support about 400 hp on stock internals, but with the stock turbo and an fmic you should be able to easily achieve 250-260 hp.

Alright, i did a google and got this....

And maybe that car is in almost perfect condition(doubt it) thats why he's askin so much for it.

If you get the 240 and decide to do the sr swap this website will help:

http://www.heavythrottle.com/

Scroll down to the Install FAQ section and you will find alot of usefull information.

Since your car would be a 91 model and dohc your swap would be much easier. No power steering mods and your tachometer would work with the sr.

the 180's are off the hook! I was actually thinking of getting one as a secondary car. But yea, I personally wouldn't pay 3000 for that car. I agree with Brian and wouldn't pay more than 1500 considering it's a 90. good luck!

imho 2 drs isnt much of a sleeper.
a sleeper is 4 doors or 5 (aka Audi RS series Avant)
in BC is its got 2 doors the cops automatically take an xtra special look at you.

This one is a 91 so as one of the guys already stated I think it is DOHC. The 90 has the weaker motor. It is from a dealer at that price. I also ran across a 90 for $1800
but that cars lacks about 15hp. Which would be a better buy in you guys opinion?

Peace*

91 is the better candidate for an sr20det swap because of the dohc. With the sohc you have to change the power steering lines because the sohc power steering pump is on the passenger side of the motor and on the dohc the pump is on the drivers side. They don't line up and the lines aren't long enough. This can be fixed on an 89-90 model by switching the power steering lines over off of a dohc car. Usually found in the junkyard fairly cheaply, but it's an extra hassle. Also, as I stated earlier the tachometer off the sohc will not run the dohc motor. This can be fixed using the tachometer off of a 180sx. The gauge clusters are the same and the plugs fit perfectly so you can also just switch the gauge clusters. The down side to that is that you will now read in Kilometers (for this method you need to switch the speed sensor also). If you plan on the swap, the 15hp doesn't mean anything. If you don't want to swap and you just plan on building what you have, the 91 has the better motor. Either way, the car is going to be slow without doing a swap or adding a turbo. Sr20det swap (front clip and doing the swap yourself) about 3g's. Turbo for the Ka motor 3g's. The sr motor also responds extremely well to mods.

ahhh S13 front end gives me the goose bumps........go with a black top SR since they are a little more fresh.

Milan

I got my Red Top with only 38k miles. Black Tops are newer but cost a little more. Only difference in the two is the valve cover.

Back