240Z with an SR20....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
After picking up a mag at walgreens, I saw an 1971 240Z with an SR20DET motor swap....Then a little reading into it...it would litterally turn the Z into a mid engine car....since the motor would be mounted behind the front wheels cross member...and that it would also shift the weight a lot, and lessen it conciderably and lighten the nose by about 200 pounds...

I have thought about it...but not in my Z...I like it how it is now.....

But if I do sell the AE86, then I think the next project would be that swap. A cheap beat up 240Z, SR20 swap...and the price should be not to bad on the wallet...and hell...they already sell the kits for it to just bolt it up and drive....so no real fabbing to bother with. And the dependable 250+ hp would be nice....and it could be a sick autocross/drift car.....

MAybe something to plan for.....for next summer....eventually I will get another Z regaurdless....since I love them now...and there is rumors that a certain drift organizer will be doing a classic drift comp next year.....but they will only do pre 80's cars, and the motors have to be pre-80's as well...and that would not qualify with this set--up....

Just a thought that's kicking around in my head... :lol:

yup, very nice and sick.

this months SCC has a swapped white Z.......very nice. I say go for it mang.

Ebay, Zcar.com, ClassicZcar.com...

Back