250 whp on my gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

myah

Neu Impact Performance
ok guys i am wanting to build my gsr motor and i've seen them get up to 250 whp i'm thinking about going with cp pistons, hondata s200 ecu and itr camshafts and prolly get my head milled out and run skunk 2 valve terrain and prolly get my crank rebalanced

First thing you will need to do is make that gsr a 2.0 at least, get at least hondata s300, and some serious headwork done like your head will need to flow about 300cfm or at least equal to a stock k- series head. Plus you will need a great header like something custom made that costs about a 1,000 or more. Also you will need as stated better camshafts or more aggressive than itr's. Plus there are some more things I didn't mention but start addressing those first .

its actually fairly simple...
keep your gsr block... bore it to like a 81.2 or so just to get all the old miles outa there get some 11:5:1 cr pistons with a .20 overbore so there also about 81.2mm
get an ls crank because it has higher lift and bigger displacement and that will give you more tq you do need ls rods because the gsr rods are.9mm longer and you dont want piston to head contact, get a skunk2 or crower valvetrain (springs+retainers) and some ferrea valves and stage 4 buddy club cams and a good tune and you will easily make 250-165 whp and only spend about 2 or 3 grand
make sure to get the crank and rods balanced

are you on crack? that wont get you 250. besides the fact that no one makes 81.2mm pistons (theres 81.25 or 81.5), you wont make 250 hp with a 1.8l. that setup would probably make like 200ish. and you wont get 250 with 2-3g i have about 5-6 grand into my motor (1.8l gsr stroke) and it puts down like 215 at 11.5 compression. although there were some things i did for the sake of rules rather then what made the most power.

if you want 250, you are looking at at least upping to a 2.0L block, high compression, good cams (gonna need bigger then ITR cams, skunk2 pro1's or even pro2's). good portwork/valve job GOOD header. etc. and its gonna cost a lot.

its a 1.9 litre with the block shave and the stroker in a gsr block and with upgraded valve train revving to 9k and stage 4 cams and a good tune... if you already have that kinda build done to your car then you need somone else to tune it. my brother just got done with the same swap and is puttin down 252 thats why im doin it on mine. it hauls ass the pistons are flycut and are moley coated there 11:5:1 cr but with gsr head and thin gasget hes makin 12:0:1 cr b18c1 block
i also have about 4-5k into my car not counting the swap so thats prolly why my numbers are diff then yours

and im building mine balls out not cuttin back, its a weekend warrior

you really have no idea what you are talking about.

an LS crank wont give you 1.9l. gsr crank and 81mm bore nets 1797cc (or 1.797L) and an LS crank with 81mm bore gives 1834cc (or 1.834L) so while it does increase stroke, its only slightly and is hardly worth calling it a "stroker".

theres nothing wrong with my motor, or tune. ask anyone who knows what they are talking about and they will agree that my motor is making excellent numbers for its setup. you just have a skewed conception about what setups make what power.

look at this thread. theres a few 250ish setups in there. and ALL of them are on at least 84mm bore. Official All Motor Dyno Thread!

you just dont make enough torque with 1.8L to have 250whp. the only way i see getting 250 out of a 1.8L is if you somehow built the engine in such a way that torque didnt start falling off so soon and you revved it to some stupid RPM like 11,000 or something. but that would be VERY expensive and impractical for a street engine.

11k would be rediculous
why you gotta badger me like that? im not stupid and i do know what im talking about but im also still learning

I'd like to see a dyno graph of your brother's setup along with an accurate mod list.

Wow... those dyno results are nice! Just looking at those numbers though, I think I would have definitely hit 250whp with my engine if I had finished up the top end. Oh well.

Back