2500 miles!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
My friend goes to school at embry riddle out in Arizona I flew a plane out the wednesday and i got back this morning after driving his ford focus practically non-stop. 39 hours of drving minus about 3 hours for getting gas, stopping to eat, or walmart crap. We took I40 through, AZ, NM, TX,OK, AR, TN and then I81 through, TN, VA, WV, MD, and finnally PA. It was a good time we got some video tape of the craziness of not sleeping enough. I want to edit it down next week.

I'll be putting 3,000+ miles on my teg within the next month, I'm not looking forward to it. Ohio/Indiana have to be some of the most boring states to drive through ever!

Ohio has to be the worst...

I remember my Florida trips...such great times.

I was robbed by a tollbooth attendant

Everytime I think about it, I can't believe it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'll be putting 3,000+ miles on my teg within the next month, I'm not looking forward to it. Ohio/Indiana have to be some of the most boring states to drive through ever!

yeah driving through Ohio sucks. If you come through Fort Wayne, Indiana lemme know cause thats where i live. it aint bad here in the city but the country sucks. oh and watch out for the Amish, they everywhere. speaking of Amish, if you see an Amish buggy pulled over on the side of the road and you see a guy with his hand up a horses ass, hes an Amish mechanic....lol.

New Mexico is the prettiest state we went through, Tenessee was the longest(500+ miles), Virginia had icy roads up north, i slept through most or Arkansas, Oklahoma was crazy mostly due to a lack of sleep, I drove through most of Virginia/OK knowing that it was stupid to be driving while so tired, yet my will to stay alive kept me up. about 8-9 hours of sleep in 1-2 hour intervals ina 48 hour period.

39 hours of driving minus 3 hours for food and gas breaks, makes the driving time 36 hours, we drove 2500 miles works out to an average of 69 mph, gives you an idea of the pace we kept. The speed limit was 70mph most of the way, so we only lost 1 mph due to traffic and stop lights.

His focus is a slushbox, but the fastest anyone tried to modify, 15.7 in the 1/4 gives you an idea of how often peolpe modify them, it has some pick up fun to drive at least, it pulled on a stock sentra se-r.

yeah, in the summer 2 buddies and i drove from roswell new mexico all the way to central mass. that ride took us 39 hours :) in a uhaul.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

yeah driving through Ohio sucks. If you come through Fort Wayne, Indiana lemme know cause thats where i live. it aint bad here in the city but the country sucks. oh and watch out for the Amish, they everywhere. speaking of Amish, if you see an Amish buggy pulled over on the side of the road and you see a guy with his hand up a horses ass, hes an Amish mechanic....lol.
I stroll through Ft. Wayne every time, I take I-80 all the way to Chicago.

Back