2700 lbs all crammed into a 97 inch wheelbase

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

The Mini Cooper S. What are everyones thoughts on this car?? stock vs stock it can stay neck and neck with a 00 civic si, and if it has the works engine package its viable to beat up on gtis (not by much, but they will). Its a quick, fun to drive car with exceptional handling. the JWT package beefs up the power to 200hp and 180 ft/lbs tq. Ive only driven one mini, it wasnt the s tho, it was the base but withnearly every option you could get for the base model. I love this car, i think it handles great, accels alright... but id need to get the jwt cooper s. Ive driven it in the heart of boston, and the ride wasnt too harsh on the bumpy cracked streets of bean town, parking was simple and fitting between cars on the highway and roads was a snap..

has anyone else driven one? owned one? auto-x'ed one? seen what they are capable of on the auto-x? The car would remain stock, not one part of it would go altered. My brother is thinking of buying one, he lives outside of boston and he needs a car, not just to get to his job but to be able to go on trips and such. When you see this car and its being driven by a guy, do you immediately think FAAAGGGGG or do youthink "hey, thats a pretty sweet car"? just wondering what everyone else thinks about these cars, my brother doesnt want to drive around boston with everyone pointing fingers telling him how gay he is.

Dark Silver with black mirrors and roof, possibly the aero kit and the s-lite 17's would be the look.. something close to this..

w/o aero kit
car_portal_pic_7941.jpg

^^^^^^this is the exact look of the car, but with no aero.^^^^^^
312196_1_full.jpg

w/ aero kit
frontbumper.jpg

minus the white stripes

or maybe this custom paint job.....
mini_cooper_paint.jpg

i personally like the minis....its a hatch..my fav....with the aero kit...it has an M3 bumper it looks like

i like them. but i thought the s had 220? i might just be thinking of something else. my only concern would be the amount of space for your shit. its a hatch, but its an extremely small hatch.

the s comes with 160 if i'm not mistaken....and i heard there is a kit that'll put em up to 250..maybe my numbers are wrong though

I love them, i would buy one and drive it everyday year round. Especially in that dark silver color, thats the ONLY color id buy. and no, the s only has 170hp while the jwt has 200 (people are claiming 220...210... whatever)

in case you dont already know.. mini's arent cheap. www.miniusa.com and build yours... mine came out to about 34 g's ofcourse id get navi, jwt engine, aero...blah blah blah.

sweet cars
when i was at the local dealership a few months ago i heard a couple of the dealers talking about rumors of a turbo model replacing the SC'd model

i dont know when though :cry:

i love mini's

i could just never see myself driving one, ive given it lots of thought though

I love em.. Cool cars. When I lived in england, my dad had a REAL mini cooper.. old school. RHD. Something like 30 hp. That thing rocked.

I love the new ones, but they just cost too damned much for what they are.

The same money can get ALOT better car.

Quoted post[/post]]
I love em.. Cool cars. When I lived in england, my dad had a REAL mini cooper.. old school. RHD. Something like 30 hp. That thing rocked.

I love the new ones, but they just cost too damned much for what they are.

The same money can get ALOT better car.
tru.....me and my pops went and test drove a S and it wasnt all that...it was nice and everything, just not worth 28k.....rediculous price....for that or a few more bucks you could get an evo, sti, s2000..so on , so on

28k? where do you live?

cooper s retail price is like 22k, you can pick up a slightly used one for 20

Quoted post[/post]]
sweet cars
when i was at the local dealership a few months ago i heard a couple of the dealers talking about rumors of a turbo model replacing the SC'd model

i dont know when though :cry:
mmmmm i went to car domain and found a twin charged one... im pretty sure it was done by the power excel guys in upstate ny, i think thats their name... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/843287

im going to test drive one soon, well not this week cuz there are no authorized mini dealers in vermont... fuckin vt, and on their website there arent any in nh either!!! wtf... maybe a used dealership.... hmmm

my father is having second thoughts as well.. lol he's now lookin at the mini s's with the jwt, g35 coupe, is350, and the TL. lol right now, as of this minute, im in love with the mini's... but i change my mind about every week.... and no im not getting what my father is getting now, he told me he'd give me a larger sum of change when i graduate. :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
28k? where do you live?

cooper s retail price is like 22k, you can pick up a slightly used one for 20
dont have a Mini dealer in my town...we went down to Universal City in CA to test drive one...

sure you can get one for 22k, but what does it include?

im a lush and id get the navi, aero all that shit.. lol im lookin at a 32k mini...wow. hahaa

For the money, you can get so much better:

-SER-V Fast, cheap, and funtional. 4 doors, mech LSD, and optional Brembos.

-RSX-S Fast, refined, Honda, and the 210 horses ain't bad either.

-Preowned 04/05 WRX Turbo, AWD, and kicks general ass.

-SRT-4. Loud, obnoxious, shitty wing and interior - but goes like stink.

For a Mini S...

Way too much weight.
Small top-mount + cramped engine bay = heat soak.
Tiny car, can carry you, your tiny Asian girlfriend, and your dachshound.
Huge 17's or 18 slow your punk ass down by being heavy.
No LSD, so your heat-soaked overworked Rover engine spins one tire.
It looks cute.

Quoted post[/post]]
For the money, you can get so much better:

-SER-V Fast, cheap, and funtional. 4 doors, mech LSD, and optional Brembos.

-RSX-S Fast, refined, Honda, and the 210 horses ain't bad either.

-Preowned 04/05 WRX Turbo, AWD, and kicks general ass.

-SRT-4. Loud, obnoxious, shitty wing and interior - but goes like stink.

For a Mini S...

Way too much weight.
Small top-mount + cramped engine bay = heat soak.
Tiny car, can carry you, your tiny Asian girlfriend, and your dachshound.
Huge 17's or 18 slow your punk ass down by being heavy.
No LSD, so your heat-soaked overworked Rover engine spins one tire.
It looks cute.

SER-V. Not to mention a shitty motor...

RSX-S. Overpriced '06 Si...

WRX. My heart says yes but my transmission says no...

SRT-4. This is the Neon's last production year, and it's still a Neon.

Back