2700 lbs all crammed into a 97 inch wheelbase

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
For the money, you can get so much better:

-SER-V Fast, cheap, and funtional. 4 doors, mech LSD, and optional Brembos.

-RSX-S Fast, refined, Honda, and the 210 horses ain't bad either.

-Preowned 04/05 WRX Turbo, AWD, and kicks general ass.

-SRT-4. Loud, obnoxious, shitty wing and interior - but goes like stink.

For a Mini S...

Way too much weight.
Small top-mount + cramped engine bay = heat soak.
Tiny car, can carry you, your tiny Asian girlfriend, and your dachshound.
Huge 17's or 18 slow your punk ass down by being heavy.
No LSD, so your heat-soaked overworked Rover engine spins one tire.
It looks cute.

SER-V. Not to mention a shitty motor...

RSX-S. Overpriced '06 Si...

WRX. My heart says yes but my transmission says no...

SRT-4. This is the Neon's last production year, and it's still a Neon.

Dude skrew all those cars and get a 240.

13's are right there.

My mom got the Regular Cooper (Not the S) and had to special order it. She drives over 200 miles a day, so the 40 mpg she gets from it (plus, its fabulously over-optioned) serves her real well. She loves the car.

The non-S is slow. But again, it gets rockin mileage.

So as usual, Celerity is going to compare the ED Civic hatch to the Mini:

The Civic is 3 inches longer, significantly lower roofline, and it's wider by a few inches. The Civic feels more competent in a corner. The Civic gets about the same miles-per-gallon. The Cooper has a better, by FAR, interior and is easier to live with, but the cost premium kicks into effect at that point. The Civic has a smaller trunk, but is more useable. The rear seat room in the Civic is alittle more generous. A Cooper's Sunroof option owns ALL.

-> St

hmmm im willing to bet that the cooper s can out handle a civic hatch.

LSD is an option
you can get 15's or 16's. or just get aftermarket light ones with the right tires..
too bad his gf he is going to marry and she is 5'4.
youre right about the heatsoak

the more i look at it the more i love it, its growing on me....... and i could buy a pre owned 06 in 07 or 08 and make off like a bandit... hmmm mini in my future? perhaps, and its good cuz the girl im seeing is 5'0.

Quoted post[/post]]
new honda tuning says 06 si > rsx type s o_O

My bro has an 06 type s. Its fricking sweet. I don't know if the si will be better, but damn the type s is fricking awesome to drive.

I've seen a 300hp one on the Road Course at Infineon Raceway (aka Sears Point) and it was goddamn fast. Had a great driver behind the wheel too.

I've driven quite a few of the cars mentioned in the thread on a handling demo course... including the new Mini and Mini S. Let's just say that I kept going back to the Mini.

To me, the Mini is one of the best handling front wheel drive cars out there (stock). Even the base model is very tossable and very fun to drive- and it's easy to ride it right at the limit all day long, even though that limit is pretty high. The S model is more fun to drive than an RSX-S, and I'm sure the Works model is even better.

You'd actually be surprised at how much room there is in the Mini too. The salesman riding with me in the S was over 6 feet tall, and he had plenty of room in the back. It wasn't easy getting in and out, but once in the back seat he had enough room to move around (roll around) while I was going through the twisties.

Go test drive the Mini- you'll like it. The build quality is great, the engine responds pretty well to mods, and the handling is absolutely top notch.

Ive driven a mini more than a few times, but it was the base. It handled pretty good and we had 4 people in it on our way to boston. 5'5 girl and a 5'9 girl. They both said they had ample leg room and good head clearance. The front seats fit me very well, im 6 foot and 34-36 waist. i love the car, i wish there was a place around that had some for sale, but no... there isnt.

Anyways, my brother went and test drove a 2005 mini S. He loved it, absolutely loved it. So he bought it lol. Dark Grey with black roof and black mirrors, nav, real leather, leather knob and e-brake, cold weather package, sport package (no stripes), lsd, rear fog, 6 speed GETRAG manual (standard), anthracite interior, auto ac, and 8 speaker harman kardon system, ipod adaptor, chrome grille, driving lamps, arm rest, and all weather floormats, plus some little things. Well the configured price was a little shy of 30k.

he walked out the doors paying 26500. they really wanted to get as many minis off the floor as possible before the 2007 turbo model to replace the sc S.

Word is that the base mini will have 140hp and the s will have 170hp with a turbo. plus its suppose to be just a little longer and maybe a little wider too.

People who have owned or drivin the minis love them. I've Never heard ONE bad thing about a mini from a mini owner.

BTW I've never seen a Mini dealership in my life. however there is a place called a BMW dealership go there and look at the minis on display.

Never really drove one but I've towed a shit load of them. They seem like nice little cars but so far, i'm not impressed by reliability.

well he needs a car now, he doesnt want to wait till next years model. Word is that they are changing the engines entirely. Bmw and Peugeot teamed up to make the 07 motor.

Quoted post[/post]]
BTW I've never seen a Mini dealership in my life. however there is a place called a BMW dealership go there and look at the minis on display.

I've been to an actual Mini (not BMW) dealer.

Quoted post[/post]]
well he needs a car now, he doesnt want to wait till next years model. Word is that they are changing the engines entirely. Bmw and Peugeot teamed up to make the 07 motor.

If he wants a car now, the base model engine actually does quite well on boost- so there are still possibilities for serious power later on down the road.. :)

im sure they could order one, but its not me who is buying it, id just want to drive one, again. I realy want to drive a S with the works package... more boost, bigger brakes, stiffer suspension.

Back