2k to throw

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shook one

Hi, I got a 97 civic hatchback and I want to build it.. i got about 2k to throw at the project and i'm really confused about what i should do. I'm not looking for high numbers or anything i just want something cool to drive and reliable.. any suggestion will be really appreciated, throw me your ideas !!

if the motor runs good, i would just do all nice suspension setup make the thing handle. if i could go back in time thats what i would have done to my first hatch,just clean rimes and nice suspension done

i'm not familiar with the cx-g model, but if its like the USA's cx model, i would do a swap to something... at least a d16z6 or maybe even a minime head swap. Can be done for under $500 or so, so there's still money left over for suspension/wheels as well

yeah i already have a aem cold air intake and i'm buying a magnaflow exhaust for 20$ from a friend today.. I already got the rims too its some 15 inches from a 1.7 el I think it looks pretty great and I got some Gt Radial Champiro 228 on it.

How would it be better if I get a new suspension ? and yes i was planning to do a mini swap next summer.

it would look better because it would be lower and ride better turn better at the same time

yeah but i really cant get it lower cause around here winters are really hard and if i get it lower than it is right now i'll get stuck in the snow at every damn corner

Back