2nd anual Meals for the Needy Christmas Drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Last year, we raised over $500 collectively between hondaswap and civicland for a local charity, which serves christmass dinner to those who couldn't afford to do otherwise.

This year, we're doing it again, and hopefully, we can raise as much, if not more, than last year.

$5, $10, $20 or $50... whatever you can afford to do without during this christmas season, we can all put towards this drive.

Call it community service, call it a good dead, call it just doing something for the community. We're a big group of people. If EVERY active Member gave just $1, we would raise over $4000.
I can't expect that. And I won't. But what I will expect is that each and every one of you think about what you have, and what you can live with out.

Give up a can of soda a day for a week, and bam, there's $5 to donate. It's really not that much.

To keep things simple and to be able to give credit to everyone who donates, as I did last year, I prefer that all donations be made via paypal.
If you don't have paypal and wish to dontate, pm me for my address and more info about sending a donation in another form.

Setting up the payment
Subject lines on the paypal email subject as "Meals for the Needy Donation" it will make it easier for me to keep track of all of these.
The account address to use is my own, Brian@hondaswap.com
in the notes field, please include your full name as you would like it to be displayed on the excel sheet to be handed in with the donations. If you don't wish to have your name listed, please write "anonomys" in there, and you along with others who chose this method will be included on one line as a total of anonomys dontations.

On christmas eve, I will cut a check from my own account, which is linked to the paypal account, for the grand total, and include an excel sheet with a list of everyone's name who dontated.

Last year we received a thank-you letter. I imagine this year we will get the same thing if our total is similar. I will post that when i get it. I'm not here trying to make money. I 100% guarnatee that anything you donate will go to the needy fund.

Please try to have everything in to me before the 22nd of december. This gives me 2-3 days to withdraw the funds out of paypal and into my checking account.

If you have any questions, please make a post or send me a pm.

Thanks guys.

Let's make a difference this holiday season, once again.

-Brian

I've x-posted this to civicland as well.
http://www.civicland.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=5157

Eric, please pin there

done..

looking forward to helping out again this year..

guys give up a soda for a day donate a dollar, i knwo you hear that shit all the time but honestly the shit adds up 1 dollar anyone can afford esp for a great cause! Dont be a bunch of slackers do that shit now so you can't put it off.

I have a .com e-mail address :)

I donated.

"anonomys"--which I think you mean as anonymous. I'll keep this thread nice. :p

donated 20 on my behalf and 20 on civicland's behalf

also have a 25$ donation from civicland so thats 6

It would be great if every year we could exceed the previous years donation by at least $100

I know that's a lot to ask for, but when you think about the number of members we gain each year, and how each year so many members get better and higher paying jobs, this shouldn't be too much to ask for

no donations in 2 days. :(

today was friday - payday or the day after for most folks. 2, 3 bucks. its not much guys. if 50 people give 2 dollars, thats $100. it adds up fast, but ya'll gotta be nice and give a family a nice hot meal to eat at least- while you open up all your expensive games, electronics, car parts, movies, tvs, dvd players, ps2 games, and so on. all this is, is a HOT MEAL for them.

we're a big group - and with a little bit from everyone, we can make a huge impact.

so once again, i encourage you to pass on a few bucks.

if this site has helped you at all, EVER, for any given time, for any given mod, computer question, or women problems, the COMMUNITY HAS HELPED YOU.
why not give back to it a little bit- only in a little different method.

</guilt trip>

Hold onto your britches, B. I got some green comin your way as soon as I can get my new checking info. :)

Back