1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd gear mystery scratch?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 94H_Ex, Jan 25, 2009.

1. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

Ok, so last night I was driving my 91 accord, and out of no where 2nd gear starts scratching. "well oh fuck, synchronizer are going out.time to use that spare tranny." But this morning when I go to drive down to the store, no scratch. Im kinda puzzled about this. Maybe the synchronizer lined back up and is doing fine again? Idk. Im not seriously worried about being a I have a spare laying around and sooner or later I have to pull the tranny to replace a spun rod bearinged crank. but still... curiousity ask, what could cause this mystery of a scratch?

2. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

Old fluid maybe? A fluid change could help.

3. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

I just did a pull on the engine and tranny about a month ago. Put 200 something miles on the car since the swap. When I did the pull, I changed the trans fluid once it was back in being I had the car on the lift and the chance. I think the fluid type could be the effect though, I used 80w gear oil, which is what I use on all my honda trannys and never have a problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted