2nd gen b16a into a 2nd gen Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegrar

Ok, well i finally finished my b16 swap into my da. Two problems i'm having are 1. I went to wire my vtec and realized that the vtec solenoid doesn't have an oil pressure switch on it, just the one wire for the solenoid. Isn't there supposed to be an oilpressure sensor there too? there isn't even a place to put one. where it would go there is whole, but there is no threads or anything. I'm lost with this. and 2.when i first start up the car, the motor revs up to like 1500 till it gets warmer, then it will idle at like 1000 but go up and down between 750 and 1500. when i first take the car out after starting it will usually stall the first time i come to a stop, then after i've been driving it will idle fine some times and other times will jump up and down again.
I'm kindof new to the swap thing so any help would be greatly appreciated. My check engine light is on, but i don't know how to check the code, so if someone could fill me in on that too it would be great.
I'm running a p30 ecu by the way. I used the stock harness that was in the car and would just like to run the wires and pin the ecu for the vtec. the car is a 93 integra and had a b18a1 in it.
Please guys help me out.

i have a lot of other things done to the motor as well, if you want to check it out go to www.hondasutra.com and check out the project page.

here is a pic
062605.jpg

well, i did some more searching and found out how to check the engine code, but the ecu is not throwing any code. when you turn the key the check engine light comes on, then it turns off, and then it comes back on and stays on. it does that weither the plug is jumped or not jumped. any ideas?
i also found that some vtec solenoids do not use oil pressure switches. is this true? in which case i just run the one wire from the solenoid to the ecu and pin it?

please someone help me out. i want to get this project wrapped up.

i can just about guarantee if you're running a jdm motor you're throwing a code 20. know why? my car is too. hahaha.

but, you can't get rid of it unless you'll spring to have hondata do it for you. it's not affecting much, it's just an ELD code. the oil pressure issue

my advice, make sure you actually jumped it in the right place, have one of the fellows at the shop show you how. i had a picture of it somewhere, actually, but i don't know where it is.

for the idle issue... check your IACV, but i'm betting it's a vaccuum leak.

the oil pressure thing... i'll have to get back to you on, i have to check my wiring.... and i don't know if i can pop the hood safely since i wrecked it. :(

i can ask too, though. hit me up if you have any other questions... i have a 90 teg with a jdm 2nd gen b16 swap in it too.

haha thats funny cuz i have the same swap as StarBellieAngel and i am throwing a code 20... but ya i would chek ur IACV for the idle problem. ok about the oil pressure switch, the only motors that dnt are the jdm itr and ctr. so i dnt know how ur gonna get around that one. i'm throwing like 4 codes and one is the vtec oil pressure switch but yet i sumhow seem to still hit vtec, so i cant yield any advice to that one. and i have everything wire corectly.

i had to convert from obd0 to obd1, so all the wires were pretty much taken care of while i ran the pr3. but now i run a p30, and yes, you'll ALWAYS have that ELD code, unless you remap your ECU. :) sad, but true. going thru cali smog was a pain, but i did it, and they let it fly that way, even throwing the code. so, trust me, it's not a big issue. it's the other ones you have to worry about.

well american ecu's do not look for eld so if u could get a usdm one then it should be alrite. but thats just wat my friend that went to UTI told me.

that isn't true, unless you use a pr4, but you wouldn't want to unless you chip it. the ECU i have is an american one, from a del sol vtec, and the del sol vtec was equipped with an ELD... therefore, it still looks for it.

i'll try to rejump the plug tonight, i was using a paper clip to jump it, and it seemd to be retarding the timing so i figured it was jumped right. that's how i set the timing in the first place.
as for the 1 wire vtec, i found a guy on ebay that will actually chip the ecu for you to run 1 wire vtec, so that's my way around that.
as for the idle issue, i'm going to throw in my new o2 sensor with my new dc header tonight cause when i unplugg the o2 the car idles perfect. it's been running really rich lately and i can't figure that out. I have a stock fuel system minus an aem fuel rail and vortech fuel pressure regulator. but pressure is set to stock right now and i don't see how the fuel rail would increase that much fuel at an idle.

and just wondering, when you guys did your swaps into your da's what did you use for the motor mount? mine right now is kindof at an angle. i used the b16 bracket with the b18 mount. someone told me i might want to use the b18 bracket with the mount, but both brackets look identical to me.

all your help is greatly appreciated. i just hope i can get this thing running right before next weekend so i make it to the track

i used my b16 motor mounts since my b18 had like 200000 miles on them. i actually used all the b16 mounts. for tranny and motor.

Get a chipped usdm pr4 and a vafc. Use the vafc for fuel and vtec control and all your problems will be solved.

Originally posted by brc80@Jul 7 2005, 04:50 PM
Get a chipped usdm pr4 and a vafc. Use the vafc for fuel and vtec control and all your problems will be solved.
[post=522276]Quoted post[/post]​

I have my pr4 still. Why would I have to get it chipped if the vafc is running fuel and vtec? for the rev limiter and redline? and how would i go about getting it chipped?

I installed the dc header and new o2 sensor today, but no luck with the idle. still very ruff. next is the aicv. i will change that tomorrow. i have a used one laying around that should work ok. it worked before. i also have an edlebrock throttle body for the type-r that i'm going to try and put on tomorrow. see what happens after that.

thanks guys for all the help. i really appreciate it. with out this site, i would not be as far as i am. i just have a little further to go.

When you go the chipped pr4 route you dont have to worry about the knock sensor either.

Back