1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Gen Teg B20

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Mech, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Mech

Mech Banned

I got an offer today on a B20 swap in my integra for $1500. It's a 4 door '90 RS. I was originally going to build a B18b or put a B18c into it. But I've been told that the bottom end is pretty torque worthy and that all I would REALLY have to do is build up the top end and I would be pretty straight. What are the specs on this motor?(US and JDM), is this a good idea?, and has anyone else done this swap? :worthy:

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

If you are talking B20B or B20Z then yeah. A little extra torque never hurt anyone...
    If you are talking B20A1 then hell no. Check our reference section for specs.

3. *The Honest Mechanic*

*The Honest Mechanic* Junior Member

Please do something to the crv engine before u put it in. Otherwise, it would be a positively weak swap.
    I would pay the extra 750 and go with a b18c myself

funny, i didnt know u had 1500 bucks...

4. D16z6CrxDx

D16z6CrxDx Senior Member

huh?..the b20 is hot..i dont why ur putting it down, b4 i went cr-vtec in my crx the torque was insane and after i chipped the ls ecu i was running at the time it was even more powerfull i took out a fully built crx at the runs when i had this setup, but vtec dose help though thats why i went cr-vtec...if u do this swap get ur ecu chipped to get the most out of ur b20 integ...

5. *The Honest Mechanic*

*The Honest Mechanic* Junior Member

exactly - crx is about 500 pounds lighter and if u have a dx u went from 92 to 135ish.
    not from 130 to 135ish
    therefore i would not get that swap unless i built or made it vtec before i put it in. (costs more money)

b18b and b18c are better, cheaper alternatives in the long run I believe
    hey Mech - where the hell did this 1500 suddenly come from? Explanation?

6. solblu

solblu Senior Member

If you only get 135 ish HP out of a B20Z you did something wrong. In stock form it gets 145 ish after LS intake mannifold and IHE you are way ahead.

7. crxswap

crxswap Junior Member

Naw man, the b20b has only 126hp and 133trq. The b20z has 146hp and 133trq. The motor is the b20b. It doesn't matter know becuse I changed my mind. I'm going B20 Vtec

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted