2nd gen zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lett

Does anyone know what's the deal with the 2nd gen zc motor(OBD, mounts, etc) . Or better yet does anyone know if this motor is out there. I need to verify some info from an unreliable source.

Thanks

If by 2nd gen you mean the EF3, its OBD 0 and has the same mounts as USDM civic. If by 2nd gen you mean '71 civic I dont know what the hell your talking about. If by 2nd gen you mean the '92-95 ZC motor then I must assume it's OBD 1 and I believe it also has EF mounts.

the first DOHC ZC's had the brown valve cover and came in 86-87 JDM integras - next was the black valve cover which came in 88-91 JDM Civic/CRX Si's and 88-89 integras - next was the OBD1 version which came in the JDM EG's - some of the engine importers, like Nippon, are improperly calling the OBD1 version "2nd Gen ZC"

Thanks, I appreciate the help. It's for a 92-95 civic. I know it was off topic for this forum, but no one knows anything about zc's in the 92 and up forum. You all wouldn't happen to know if this is an easy drop in for a 92-95? I know it comes with a hydraulic tranny so thats covered.

Originally posted by lett@Jan 20 2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the help. It's for a 92-95 civic. I know it was off topic for this forum, but no one knows anything about zc's in the 92 and up forum. You all wouldn't happen to know if this is an easy drop in for a 92-95? I know it comes with a hydraulic tranny so thats covered.

bolts right in - shouldn't have to change anything but the ECU - make sure that you get the ECU with the engine as there is no USDM equivalent, performance, non-VTEC, OBD1 ECU available

Back