2nd Presidential Debate (10-7-08) Opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The debate was so full of fucking fail I had to change the channel.

I don't think I've ever seen a decent presidential debate, besides some of the older stuff I saw in government.

The recent debates have not been judged based upon "how good they are", but "which ones sucked less".

Failure.

Ya, being alienated by your peers and family and having to struggle as a single parent while being legally responsible for another human being for at least 18 years is so totally worth $7,000. Ya, I can see how that changes the whole thing...You seriously think that raising the child tax credit is going to provide an incentive for teen girls to have children because that will HELP them financially? Do you have any idea how much a kid costs? You are still losing out. This will only be an incentive to the poorest of the poor but those people already receive oodles of welfare and free medical care. For everyone else who actually earns an income, this will be a little more cash at the end of the fiscal year but definitely NOT an incentive to have another child. I know it sure as fuck doesn't make me want to become a parent. Ask yourself, if you had the promise of a $7000 credit to your taxes in April, would you take on the responsibility of being a parent? Of course not. So why the fuck would any other rational person. Even the dumbest of high school girls isn't going to think that they should have a baby for a $7000 tax credit. $120,000 maybe. But $7000? YOUR logic is fucked if you think that will happen.

And how is it not fair? Who is it not fair to? What do you want to start handing out $7000 per pet to people without kids. Or $7000 per car to people without pets because we all know, cars can be quite an expense every year. Oh right, we should reward people who take initiative to go to college...Do you know how much fucking federal student loan money I get every year. It's fucking obscene. I'm left with the option of taking an extra $6000 a TRImester above my tuition. I'm not a charity case by any means. The U.S. Government will shell out more than $83 billion this year in student loan money comprising 60% of all student loans in the country. Sounds like they are helping quite a bit as is. And if you mean free help without any payback obligations...they are called grants and scholarships and people who earn them, either through outstanding performance or financial need, get them. Get a fuckin' clue.

You are right, people should be able to support their dependents without a tax credit. I agree fully. But I can't wait to see your principled point of view slip away quietly when it is your turn to collect $7,000 per child at tax time. For many people this is the difference between having to pay in or not at the end of the year. I know you are picturing some white trash family with 17 kids and no ambition but let's be realistic. Those situations are not normal or common and will not all of a sudden become desirable by increasing the child tax credit. Do you want to live that way? Such a measure will effect people with 1, 2, 3, 4 children. The average family size from the last census was 3.14. Also, many people, because of savings, small investments, and the nature of their work and tax schedule end up having to pay in at the end of the year. An increased CTC would alleviate some of this pressure and keep money flowing. Cash flow and liquidity are of primary importance, as we are seeing now.

oh man i wasnt specific with the college thing...

what i meant was when a student earns any grade of degree be it associates, bachelor's, master etc. thats when they should get a reward.

my point really didnt have anything to do with the tax credit for dependents, i was just usung that as an example... and btw, you may not know it but theres a lot more fucked up people out there than you think. those are the ones i was talking about. nobody knows who they are cuz they're so good at hiding the real story behind them.

I am temporarily residing in the national capital of welfare sucking dickheads. I realize that it exists. It is not the norm though and if $7000 is a good reason for you to have a baby...well it was just a matter of time.

if $7000 is a good reason for you to have a baby...well it was just a matter of time.

it's not worth it at all to me i know what yoo mean, some are just idiots.

i cant afford to have any lil chucks runnin around any time soon. thats for damn sure

He's not that bad- least he gets 'a' point accross - not that he gets the right point accross, but a point none-the-less :p. They both skirted around issues that night.

one thing that annoys me bad - is the: "Thank you for your question, that is a very good question..." stall time really.

*cough*Reagan*cough* *cough*dub-ya*cough*

Historically, but there's exceptions to every rule. I should have said conservatives, which Bush is most certainly NOT. Reagan was, but he let his humanity get in the way.

The government is supposed to work for us yall. Just remember.

And this is why we need to pay attention to our local elections. It will take years and years but the corruption could be cleaned out if we started at the bottom. Do not allow the idiots and theifs work their way up through the ranks.

Both candidates did more platforming than answering, but at least Obama actually did answer the questions.

McCain couldn't make up his mind who is hero is. One moment his hero was Ronald Reagan, the next minute it was Teddy Roosevelt.

All that aside, the debates aren't exactly useless, but they're not gonna change my vote. I plan to vote for Obama because his policies make more sense to me than McCains; That and McCain is a hell of a lot like Bush.

Don't know how many of you watch the daily show, but I found this segment to be quite provocative.
YouTube - 2000 George Bush vs 2008 John McCain. Are they MCSAME? Daily Show

The daily show is just liberal media rhetoric :ph34r:

Let me guess, you think Bill Maher is just slightly left of center too don't ya?

Bill's pretty damn left.

But what's that got to do with the Daily Show? He hosts Real Time.

Back