3.0 cl

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiahanhao

My friend has a 97 3.0 cl, and after some searching, has decided he must do a custom set up. His goal is 350 to the wheels. I'm wondering what kind of outlay he should expect (he's trying to keep it under 4g's, if possible). I also wonder what size turbo would be appropriate for the car (I'm thinking t04b?). Thanks in advance.

being a V6, you've got a couple issues to deal with.

#1- it has 2 manifolds - 3 on a side.
are you going to run 1 turbo manifold, and one stock header? or spend the crazy cash to a full custom manifold that will allow all 6 cyls to fire at the turbo?

i think that more than anything would determine which size turbo i'd consider going with.

reading what i just typed, im just going.. damn... lol

honestly, i think a Twin setup would be ideal. just like Nissan though it would be in the V6 300zx. but that induces a lot of cost.

i've never seen a turbo kit nor just a plain of manifold for any for the c30's, so you're looking at maybe half your budget just in getting a manifold made.

frankly, if hes only looking for about 100-125 hp gain, why not just get the comptech (or was it vortech?) SC for the accord v6? its the same motor... and will work, fits in the budget, power goal, and will overall, be a much easier thing to deal with.

I think this is the first time i ever recommeneded a sc over a turbo too. lol

Do a twin turbo setup (2 custom manifolds) and make some crazy power. Nah fuck that, go with the SC

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 21 2004, 05:40 AM
being a V6, you've got a couple issues to deal with.

#1- it has 2 manifolds - 3 on a side.
are you going to run 1 turbo manifold, and one stock header? or spend the crazy cash to a full custom manifold that will allow all 6 cyls to fire at the turbo?

i think that more than anything would determine which size turbo i'd consider going with.

reading what i just typed, im just going.. damn... lol

honestly, i think a Twin setup would be ideal. just like Nissan though it would be in the V6 300zx. but that induces a lot of cost.

i've never seen a turbo kit nor just a plain of manifold for any for the c30's, so you're looking at maybe half your budget just in getting a manifold made.

frankly, if hes only looking for about 100-125 hp gain, why not just get the comptech (or was it vortech?) SC for the accord v6? its the same motor... and will work, fits in the budget, power goal, and will overall, be a much easier thing to deal with.

I think this is the first time i ever recommeneded a sc over a turbo too. lol

ok, here's a better question, will 6g's be enough for the custom manifold, turbo, and electronics? That's his absolute max...

1000 for hondata
2000 for manifold
1500 for turbos
400 for intercooler

beyond that i dont know, but those are my general guesses for prices. someone plz correct whatever you think would be more accurate.

I hope u plan on upgrading your tranny, my freind also had the same year 3.0 CL and the tranny's go out when u start adding anything over 60hp... ever wonder what happened to the Greddy 2000 V6 Accord? Which uses the same engine and tranny as the 3.0 cl, we e mailed them and asked what the deal was since they seem to have added a lot more power at the wheels, and they told us the same thing, that the trannys will not take that much abuse before they go out. SO not listening to them we added a 75 shot of nos to it and sure enough in 3 months the tranny went bad. Anyway, just letting you know, if you do upgrade the tranny it should be a fast ass car.

Back