3.0L of pain!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i got my motor for 95 Ranger Splash pickup today. its a 3.0L v6 (same as whats in it already) with 80k miles that came out of a 94 Ranger. pics below:

gallery_16_235_107796.jpg

gallery_16_235_16425.jpg

i went and picked up some anti-freeze, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, serpentine belt and a clutch kit for it too. thursday im going to have the truck towed to the garage so i can get the motor swap done. id do it but i dont have time to plus is not gonna be much to have them do it ($400 which includes putting clutch in and putting whatever parts needed from old motor onto new motor). i cant wait to start driving my truck :)

oh and i only paid $200 for the motor and it has a 100 day warranty on it :)

and thanks to my little brother Steve for going to pick up the motor for me today :worthy:

Congrats! are you going to do anything else to the engine or are you doing the cosmetic stuff first?

I'm gonna take a guess that the bags will be first.

LOL nah. gonna run a 4/5 static drop on it first. shit just to buy the kit to dao that is gonna cost between $350-500 depending on what brand i buy. i will probably go with the more expensive as its a better kit (made by Belltech). the only real reason why its so much to drop a Ranger is because it has I-beam suspension. stupid Ford :rant:

Coolness. :bdn:

I'm surprised your brother didn't lose the engine on the way to your place- it doesn't look to be tied down very well!

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Mar 9 2005, 06:32 PM
yeah im surprised too. he said it wasnt moving around in the trailer on his was back.
[post=471398]Quoted post[/post]​

Lucky him. Bungee cords pwn j00!!11!!1!

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Mar 10 2005, 04:52 PM
lol you dont see the ratcheting straps in the pics??
[post=471913]Quoted post[/post]​

I see like... two of them just holding in one engine mount, and bungee cords for the rest........ still not very secure.

**UPDATE**

well that motor didnt work because it was electronically different. for some reason my truck is OBD2 and thats an OBD1 motor. returned that motor to the junkyard i bought it from and got my money back (i kept the receipt for it). found a more local junkyard that had one out of a 96 Ranger with 84k miles and had it put in. the truck runs awesome other than the fact i have a small exhaust leak that will get fixed soon. anywho, got it back and gonna start driving it. gonna drive it for a few weeks and then sell my Integra because i cant afford to keep 2 vehicles at this moment. thats about it.

Back