$3.99 by March.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was in the 5th grade in math class when that happened how the fuck could I forget with these dumbass teachers running in and out of the classrooms saying "OH MY GOD they crashed into another tower!! OH MY GOD" and they were all announcing it over the loudspeaker everyone was trippin I was like damn shut the hell up that's way the fuck in new york.

But yea I don't remember the gas prices tho haha.

I was gonna go back and make a comment on this like "I was in 2nd grade math when I heard about the challenger incident ... then I read your whole post and realised I almost mistook you for someone that had a brain and could understand the importance of these things.

Oh I have a brain and full well understand the importance of these things. Just I'm a selfish asshole who couldn't give less of a fuck :D.

We need a huge overhaul of our mass transit system. If we had a system that worked it could help reduce the amount of cars on the road.

Public transportation ?

you man, like Public housing ? Yeah. Anything with the word "public" in it becomes a shitpit. No thanks, the worst thing that is wrong with public transportation is the very thing that it's meant to do . Move humans around

That said, I can also point out that it's just as, or more expensive, to move around using public transportation. Try riding a train into NYC. It costs like $20.

Wow, I didn't know they were that safe....
I remember 9/11, I was in 7th Grade. My grandma actually lives about an hour away from New York city, I think. You have to go through sleepy hollow to get to her house lol.
I think I'll just fix up my CRX and stick with that.

to clarify the biofuel discussion a little: ripping up the ground for corn crops et al releases carbon that has built up in the topsoil into the atmosphere, actually creating more of a greenhouse gas issue than the current 'dirty' fuels we use. the current suggestion is to create biofuels from perennial crops (switchgrass, etc) that don't require tilling every year -- and to do this by converting corn fields to perennial crops and stop clearing rainforests and similar ecosystems which actually do more to clean and condition our atmosphere than anything us humans can do other than die off, suddenly.

i'm still pretty convinced a magnetic/electric vehicle could be designed that would basically function on the concept of perpetual motion caused by repellent and attractive forces; the "clutch" in this sort of vehicle would just engage/disengage the mechanism for the repel/attract cycle. the "gas pedal" would increase the rate of repellent/attraction. at some point during the cycle of vehicular movement kinetic energy would be converted to potential energy in a storage device which would aid the vehicle's initial motion and electrical system. it wouldn't haul much ass, but it'd get you where you needed to go cleanly.

i also daydream about efficient solar power generators in parking lots that we plug our electric cars into while we're at work/the mall/wherever for a charge, and then we go home and plug the car into our home's electrical grid.

but back to reality; i'll commute in my CRX the 10hrs a week that i drive for work until gas gets to $5/gallon, at which point i'll refuse to commute for work any longer. as it is, i'm already working at least one day a week from home to cut down on what feels like unnecessary fuel consumption/environmental impact (winter beater is a jeep because i live in minnesnowta).

as for the cheapest gas i remember, i won't play that game. but i will say the cheapest and most recent gas i remember buying was $.99 in 1999. and i remember when carter was pres. :eek:

power doesnt mean shitty MPG ... look atthe turbo diesle VW i think or maybe volvo??? one of those two some one else knows im sure but anyways ... its getting 45+ mpg ... :)

The TDI Jetta gets that--My brother has one and that's what he said he was getting. Between 45 and 50 mpg...

The TDI Jetta gets that--My brother has one and that's what he said he was getting. Between 45 and 50 mpg...

o0o i was wondering about those ...

I know that most VW's even though they have "TURBO" slapped on the back all that the turbo does is increase the price.

how do those TDI's drive? any get up?

(sorry off topic just wondering real quick)

Public transportation ?

you man, like Public housing ? Yeah. Anything with the word "public" in it becomes a shitpit. No thanks, the worst thing that is wrong with public transportation is the very thing that it's meant to do . Move humans around

That said, I can also point out that it's just as, or more expensive, to move around using public transportation. Try riding a train into NYC. It costs like $20.

Thats because we sank our money into the "national highway system" for protection and the ability to move the military and supplies through the country, should the need arise.

Had we built the infrastructure for public transportation, like Japan did, it wouldn't be so taboo or expensive. Our suburbs just don't have sufficient public/mass transit solutions because the country was developed on roads.

haha no. 32. plain as day in the butts thread, 32, no kids. i have the tits of a 22yr old though :D

a perfect woman, smart, mature and the titties of a 22 year old. damn, I knew i should have gotten you something for Vday.

Oh jesus... Now I'm fucking destroyed. I know how rare it is to find a woman in my ages that has a brain and a real political stance.

Dammit

oh gawd and i thought you were in a 14 year happy relationship. hehe. let me ruin the idea of me by reminding you i have tattoos, a few in fact. i know how you feel about those.

ps i'm now a regular on 'dateswap' ? :D

Last edited:
aw jesus christ... I'm so emotional I'm watching "Say Anything" on Valentine's day and I'm tearing up like a fag.

God I love that movie. Reminds me of the life I didn't live.

Back