3 angle valve job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
as far as my knowlege a 3 angle valve job is good to do because it helps your valves seat in better and tighter but people keep telling me its a wast of money,.. is this ture?

well it might be a waste of money i dont know but you can get it done under 100 bucks so if thats all its gona waste big deal

thats kinda what im thinking, i mean even if it doesnt add performance there still resurfacing and making the new valves seat better so i would think the head would run better and last longer anyways..

if you get a GOOD valve job, you will gain much flow. you actually gain more flow from a good vj then porting.

If I were rebuilding a head with aftermarket parts and I had to choose between porting and a valve job to finish the head for the time being, I would take the valve job. The valve job does a lot more as a process than just porting. They both are great when done right, but if you had to pick the order to do it in, like if you were low on funds, I think it would be more beneficial to just get a valve job.

3 angle grind for the win. It's the key to my CRXs performance. By angling the edges of the valve dish, you're not really guaranteeing a better seat, you're going to evacuate (or fill, depending on the valve) the cylinder chamber slightly quicker.

a 5 angle is basically the same, but instead of a 45 angle, it's two 33s. That tends to build up carbon deposits though.

really? i thought porting was where all the pwer was at... so just getting a 100$ 3angle valve job will do more for you then getting a 1k port job... the the valve job though arent they basically just regrinding the surface with a bit of an angle?

i have decided my head setup,i have to wait till i get my taxes back though before i buy them but here it is

buddy club spec IV intake & exhaust cam
bc intake & exhaust cam gears
bc titanium retainers
bc dual valve springs
its 1154.99
does that sound about right?

with those cams and a 3angle valve job to start with i should make better flow, then in a few months or so im gonna get it ported. are there diff stages or do i just ask for a port?

lol im not planning on hitting any telephone polls, you know everything im doing to my engine is basically why im asking you what kinda port i should get,

u have the whole head complete but without a manifold or intake to get it in and out faster it wont make a big difference. u need full flow throughout the entire engine. from ur intake cone to ur exhaust tip. im not to sure of ur whole setup but i didn't see anythin about the intake or exh. if u have that done then nice job. correct me if im wrong but ive heard porting is bad because it creates a vortex on the intake plenum walls so only a stream of air is rushed into the combustion chamber around that vortex.

If the job is done right youll get substantial gains.
And for 100 bucks well worth it if done right.

i have a megan exhaust manifold and a full greddy evo 2 exhaust, pretty soom here im going to have an edelblock performer X intake mani and bigger throttle body

what do you think about spoon headers? or mugen?

They are hardly crap coming from Spoon or Mugen. People tend to throw words like crap around when the availability of something is limited and it doesn't provide all of the pipe-dreams gains they want per-dollar.

HyTech FTW, but, prepare for severe wallet weight reductions.

Back