3 Angle Valve's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

Hi, on a b18c turbo im getting some headwork done and i have an option of an 3 angle valve job. Now the thing is the machinist says that he can do a 30 deg cut , 45 deg cut and as for 60 deg cut he cant manage it with the equipment he has and it will involve sending of the valves. I havent got the time for that so could i get away with a 50 deg cut instead.

Will i make any gain from this? My only worry is that is doesnt restrict.
Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

if he can't pull off a true 3-angle cut, i'd highly recommend not having him do it at all.

you can always do it later, or save up and get one done from brad @ RLZ.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 28 2005, 03:09 PM
if he can't pull off a true 3-angle cut, i'd highly recommend not having him do it at all.

you can always do it later, or save up and get one done from brad @ RLZ.
[post=532292]Quoted post[/post]​

What he tells me is that he can manage the 30 deg cut and the 45 deg one but the machinery he has wont cut at 60 deg, but he can take it to 50 deg's. The thing is he has my head open for valve springs and he says he will do the 30deg,45 deg and 50 deg cuts at no charge. If i can produce some power from this i cant lose as it wont cost me.
so any idea if those degrees will do the job

i'd pass on it if i were you. 50 is not the right spot.

30,45,50 (or 60 it should be) is a 5 angle grind. a 45 is a 3 angle grind.

5 angle grinds are for racing motors, will produce maybe 1/4 a hp over a 3 angle and won't last long (Those tolerances are easy to wear away)

I would go with the 3 angle, as I commonly do.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 28 2005, 06:10 PM
30,45,50 (or 60 it should be) is a 5 angle grind. a 45 is a 3 angle grind.

5 angle grinds are for racing motors, will produce maybe 1/4 a hp over a 3 angle and won't last long (Those tolerances are easy to wear away)

I would go with the 3 angle, as I commonly do.

-> Steve
[post=532400]Quoted post[/post]​

so will 30,45,50 on a b18c Turbo work.. i prob wont do it but just to gain some knowledge or just in case i get to the workshop tommorow and they are already done

Back