3 months into the new congress, let's check back in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
So

another month has passed so I thought I'd make another thread. America spoke when they put the Dems in power, they wanted a change, and things have changed. The question is are the changes what you thought you were voting for.

what the dems have done so far

1. Their first act was to initiate ethics reform. Who's chairing that comity? This man.

The Blotter: William Jefferson

and he should know about dirty politics. he took a $90,000 bribe

2. They brought the president under fire for dismissing 8 justices for political reasons. While we generally assume firing people for political reasons is wrong, it is allowed under "Executive Privilege" and it's happened before. When you ask? When Clinton dismissed 93 justices. Once that happened Janet Reno gave a behind closed doors, not under oath statement to Congress to settle the issue. Much like Bush has offered to the Dems this time around. But the Dems want a full, time and money wasting investigation. Smells like a witch hunt.

https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/politics-us-attorneys-fired-congress-issuing-subpoenas-85008/

3. Lastly the Dems are now pushing through a bill with over 24 billion in non related pork spending aimed at funding the Iraq war under the condition that we pull out of Iraq by end of summer 2008. We took a vote on that here, nobody thought it was a good idea. But them Dems continue to push it through, knowing it will get vetoed and they lack the 2/3rd's majority needed to override the President

Meanwhile our military men and women aren't any closer to getting the money they need for food and ammo and Congress doesn't seem to care.

https://hondaswap.com/members-loung...ding-bill-but-would-pass-flag-day-hill-85164/

in Closing, three months into the year the Dems ARE changing the way things are done on Capitol Hill. But is this the change we voted for? Or does their post election agenda not match the plan which got them elected in the first place?

how do you call this the same

while the GOP is FAR from perfect they've never put someone as chair of ethics who's accepted bribe money, they never demanded a full investigation on a legal activity, and they've never tried to fund a war under any other condition then we pursue vicotry.

This is where we don't agree, things aren't staying the same. Our political process is being derailed by witch hunts and special interests and all left wing/right wing crap aside it HAS been worse since the 2004 election and we have the Dems to thank for that

back your statments up with logic and structure. spouting catch phrases is not a basis for political debate.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I think he is making a blanket statement for all of politics. be it leftist or right one seems to always be trying to sabotage the other. Do you know how to tell when a politician is lying? When his/her (trying to be pc) lips are moving

yes, it was a blanket statement. It was a blanket statement because Sabz has been officially handed his ass and now has to back pedal from his former foaming-at-the-mouth liberalism.

i don't think its a party issue. I think the entire system is so fucked up that 3 months is hardly enough time to fix anything

Funny, before this happened you said it was a GOP Thing, and you couldn't wait for this plan to set things straight.

Hmph. Funny.

Power corrupts.
The US govt is composed of the most powerful people in the world.
By my calculations, we're fucked either way.

yeah, you - on the other hand - have always held that opinion.

Funny, before this happened you said it was a GOP Thing, and you couldn't wait for this plan to set things straight.

Hmph. Funny.

my point is that hes saying the dems aren't doing anything.

and my counterpoint is that there's so much shit wrong that it takes time to fix, no matter which party is in charge.

my point is that hes saying the dems aren't doing anything.

and my counterpoint is that there's so much shit wrong that it takes time to fix, no matter which party is in charge.

My point is not that they aren't doing anything. My point is that they've yet to do anything productive.

It will take time to fix, but moving backwards is their current order of the day. They're fucking things up worse then before.

And I left out something

They tried to have a discussion on Global Warming earlier this month. But in typical Democrat 5 year old fashion Al Gore stood outside of the conference while the GOP presented scientific opening arguments against global warming. He refused to be present during the opositions remarks, he might has well have stuck his thumbs in his ears and yelled..

"I Can't Hear you; LALALA; I can't hear you"

That action alone speaks volumes what the DNC philosophy currently is

Last edited:
Back