1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Stage V-tech<d15b> Help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Korpexx, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Korpexx

Korpexx New Member

The car is a 1997 honda civic EX , it had the d16y8 in it 5 times now and spun a rod bearing in everone of them so i figured i would go with a safer engine for turning RPMS but i didnt think this through very well. I got hit with a wall when i dropped it in and started doing the wiring. Vtech and Oil switch do not fit my harness . Well i got past one part of it by jumping the oil switch with just a wire and have run a toggle switch to both solenoids for when im raceing i can engage the 3rd stage. But what i would like to do is run a system where yes i can turn it off but when i turn it on i want it automatic as in a dont have to throw a switch and i want all 3 stages of vtech to work. Any ideas?

2. shawns95

shawns95 Junior Member

Here is an idea first know what the Hell u r talking about its v-tec

3. marcomhe1

marcomhe1 k20 eg civic owner

4. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Then get the right Ecu, and it sounds like your crank was fucked after the first time if you spun 5 bearings out of it.

5. deadnutsac

deadnutsac Deadnutsac

You need to get the correct ecu for your application. The ecu that comes with your d15 3 stage is the one you need. Then just wire up the vtec and vtec pressure switch.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted