3 stage vtec d15b into EK, what ecu??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kc8enb08

I'm putting in a d15b 3 stage vtec w/ a cx tranny trying to make a high mpg car. but since im using obd2 and 5spd tranny , whats the ecu i need? i know its a p2j but p2j-003 or p2j-j62? i have a source and he has a p2j-j62 but i have an idea thats the cvt tranny ecu.

also im getting the engine harness complete w/ my engine so should be near plug in and play. but what pin out is needed for the 2nd solenoid on the ecu?

as i thought, now am i going to run into the whole problem of obd2a or obd2b. lol the car is a 98 civic. but its waiting for a Honda Domani front clip

Last edited:
I think I'm in a similar situation.
I have an EK3 with a d15b 3 stage vtec as factory along side a CVT trans.
I want to convert it to a manual and if possible , keep the "lean-burn" mode as well.

I haven't checked what CPU is currently installed in the car. but i have been told it
is a "[FONT=&quot]P2M
[FONT=&quot]: 96+ OBD-2"

I want to know if i have to replace the ECU or weather the ECU conversion @
The official auto to manual ECU conversion thread - Honda-Tech has any relevance for this conversion

[/FONT][/FONT]
Also, does the CVT have its own ECU as i recently had the trans reconditioned and the kit came with a new ECU (according to the mechanic).

well back from the dead. is there any difference in the non vtec 96-98 civic dash harness vs a ex w/ vtec?

stopped my project til lately bc of loss of job

Back