3 unanswered forums about my brakes :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hi. nobody answered my topic in brakes and tires. and im still looking to find out this before the opprotunity gets taken.
we have a 2002 accord ex at our school and my teacher doesnt want it so we are stripping the hell out of it for educational purposes. i was smart unlike the other students and saved the important stuff.

i got the rear disc assembly off it and was wondering if it would fit AT ALL on my 94 LX. or if there is any part of it that would fit my 94 just so i could save on something?

thanks

you might not be getting an answer because no one knows. Theres a possibility that you could use them but its not gonna be a bolt up mod.

i think the 94 accord is a 4 lug hub and the 2002 is a 5 lug hub. either way, it would be a hard conversion. you would need the whole lower suspension. the control arms, a arms, hubs, rotors, calipers, all that. too much work if you ask me.

Quoted post[/post]]
i think the 94 accord is a 4 lug hub and the 2002 is a 5 lug hub. either way, it would be a hard conversion. you would need the whole lower suspension. the control arms, a arms, hubs, rotors, calipers, all that. too much work if you ask me.

sorry i know this doesnt answer yer question but wtf was wrong with it, if nothing... thats painful 2 think that you just striped an 02 because u could...

ok sorry heres the breakdown. car was lemonded by honda. and gave it to the college for learning. after a couple years the irresponisble students made the damn thing so it wouldnt even run. so my teacher thought hey what better to teach then have students rip up and ask Q as they go. luckly i was the only few that knew about hondas. plus the body had been practiced on my the paint class and bondo'd up and what not. pretty much the car itself was garbage.

but yes i obtained the WHOLE rear suspension assembly. EVERYTHING. i just needed to know if the arms and rods bolted up i can custom fab as far as claiper bracket or whatever.

then again the 5 lug i could use to my advantage.

thanks for finally responding guys

Quoted post[/post]]

Only the V6 Accords were 5 lug.

-----

On using the 6G suspension on your 94, I think the wheelbases changed. Bust out the tape measure and start lining stuff up.

yea i will. i just wanted to make sure its worth the time unless someone already tried it. but hey all the changes it will make couldnt hurt the car. bigger wheelbase and one more lug. not like its messing it up. but yea ill ask around and take some measurements.

i just dont think youll find many people doing that because its a 2002 car...not many people pull parts from that late of a model.

Hey, regardless, just remember somebody had to do the first B16 swap into a CRX and so forth. I say if its all free give it a try, take lots of pictures, and post what you find.

ok. i will check it out and measure up like next week (fixing my bronc this week) but yea ill let you guys know. unless your snickering in the corner saying "i know it cant be done but lets let this guy be a damn fool." ha.

thanks guys

Quoted post[/post]]
yea i will. i just wanted to make sure its worth the time unless someone already tried it. but hey all the changes it will make couldnt hurt the car. bigger wheelbase and one more lug. not like its messing it up. but yea ill ask around and take some measurements.

Well- it might also completely throw off the rear suspension geometry of your car, making it unsafe. Be careful.

yea thats true. hey i think the only thing that would happen IF it bolted up is bigger wheelbase. and one more lug. and a tighter setup becuase it has like 3 or 4 arms that extend from the center instead of one arm that goes from front to back then the rest. but hey ill try it out and let you guys know

take a quick look...

2002 V6 rear suspension 5 LUG
13s8411_b29.gif

1994 4 door I4 rear suspension 4 LUG
13sv40_j13.gif

I highly doubt it will work, you should go back and grab the front suspension and sell it to a 6G owner who has 4 lug... becuase the rears are the same on 6g's....

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Hey, regardless, just remember somebody had to do the first B16 swap into a CRX and so forth.

yeah, honda did, when they installed them stock from the factory.
it wouldnt be a swap, now would it

wont work. sorry for the waste of a topic. i should have known 6g and 94 (5g??) wouldnt bolt up.
guess i get to sell it and make complete profit.

good plan.

Even 94 EX stuff will bolt up, but you wouldn't have the necessary ABS stuff.

no, the abs computer would throw the ABS light in the dash. You won't have a light without it.

yea becuase i didnt have the abs computer to begin with so thats not really a problem.

do you think anyone would trade or buy a 2002 disc rear end. REALLY nice condition. hardly used becuase the engine was faulty sat in shop?

definitely, but I don't know who. The problem is, most 02's still have good components, and dealers use new shit.

You'd have to find someone that needed the stuff for a weird project, or that had some sort of collision without full coverage insurance. That stuff might be worth a lot more in two more years. Search ebay or something. Piece it out.

Back