30-40k miles on JDM motors??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
im still trying to figure out how japanese motors claim to have around 30-40 thoudsand miles on them when the motors are at least 10-13 years old. are they really pulling these motors out at around 30-40k or are they bull shittin and just tellin people that as a sales gimmic?? whats the deal with that...like i just picked up an JDM H22 with supposedly 30-40k miles?? :blink:

70% of the time its bullshit.. check compression .. most likly in a car that was totally 10 years ago lol

haha... buy a front clip with the gauge cluster still intact...

i'd rebuild it, anyway! abuse the shit out of the engine then when it's running crappy, rebuild it. ha!

all the motors r pulled b cuzz they usually scrap the car every 2-3 years or so, and thats y the motors r very low mileage.

one of my customers swaps came in with supposivly 30-40k on it but it had a burnt out aftermarket clutch in it, so you figure it had at least 2 clutchs and my sols b16 clutch lasted 100k with abuse, so draw your own conclusions from that ha. My h22 i got actually had papers with it stating the milage

most of the time i think its BS but i heard that how taxes deppriciate here, they appriciate over there (or go up instead of down). so they scrap/get rid of the cars every couple of years and buy new ones. dont quote me on this but thats what ive been told

Alright over in japan, in a 'sports car' they consider the engine totaled after it has like 30km on it or whatever the magic number is, so it figures out to be that most motors are pulled at around 40,000 miles. The engine may have sat for a long while, but thats what it was pulled at. Also, get an engine that comes with papers stating the mileage obviously.

That was a pretty retarded response but ask someone who's lived there for awhile or knows a lot about JDM engines and they'll be able to give you a more exact response.

Japanese dont have to travel near as far as us each day. most dont even drive, they walk or use bikes to go to work cause its so close. a tiny little country is pretty easy to get across. that and they scrap engines much earlier than us.

so basically what you sayn is that an average japanese person who bought a car about 12-13 years ago only drives it about 30-40 miles?? i highly doubt that.....you see the size of their county??

They arn't driving it for 12-13 years. They drive it for like 3 years and then the car gets scrapped and the engine sits on a yard or in a warehouse for 10.

Back