300 shot?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes the soleniods are over worked also have you ever seen a pro drag car with manu stages of n2o have one of these no they run window switches and many stages ive seen up to 5stages on a 1/8 mi car and yes it real it is a outlaw 10.5 car

this is true....

but im just talkin about a stock engine... that you dont wanna abuse to bad.

this is y i like the RPM based controller and for this reason only!
on my vette it allows me to pick say 425 rwtq as my tq limit through out the RPM range

ill lock out first and start with second.
and my car redlines at 5600
so well say i want the 425 ft lbs of tq by 2750 rpm... wellll
before that rpm ill have the n20 come on gradually (WOT of corse) until it reaches 425 rwtq and then have n20 added to the rest of the rpm range as the tq qould normally fall off to stay the same... thus keeping the tq flat from 2750-5500 rpm.
as you know tq is very great expecially in a v8 in the low rpm range and then is non existant in the higher rpm ranges as the time between spark is decreased. what this acomplishes say... with the same bottle of n20 and the same tq (cylinder pressure) exposure to your engine, accomplished more hp... alot more high end hp to be exact.

as you know hp is a derivitive of tq vs rpm. i believe hp= tq x rpm/5250. so technically the higher rpm you go keeping the tq constant then you are constantly gaining hp.

my vette made 360 rwhp and 515 rwtq qith a 125 shot non progressive controller stock engine. with the controller it made a constant 425ft lbs of tq and 480 rwhp. more hp and going a lot lighter on the engine. all on my stock engine. but agian on a drag car or a car with a built engine... hwats the point? other than to keep the tires from breakin loose and if you had a built engine i hope ure running slicks any wayz.

the difference between a rpm based controller and a plan n20 shot(yes i know a very very shitty drawing)

RPM based

l / HP
l /
l __/____________ TQ
l /
l /
l /
l/________________ rpm

n20 shot

l _
l _ _ / / / / HP
l /_
l / _ _
l / _ TQ
l /
l/_________________ rpm

any wayz just a thought and also the only reason im running it it also cost $200 so a good investment to keep my stocker going a tad longer on the juice:D

exaly hpw do you increase Tq and not hp with n2o i dont car how the controler works it limits the amount of fuel/n2o per rpm and the more fuel/n2o you add the more hp/tq it makes not just more tq

youre not limiting hp!!!! youre incresaing it but keeping the TQ the exact same through the rpm range.

for eample

hp= tq x rpm/5250

so lets say we have
500 tq at 5000 rpm
x= 500 x 5000/5250 well x(hp) = about 475

say you only have 250 ft lbs of tq at 5000 rpm well
hp= 250 x 5000/5250 then hp = about 238

hp will always be higher the higher the rpm due to the rpm always increasing in this formula. and it will be igher the higher amount of tq.

somebody doesnt have that little hatchie anymore.... i took it off his hands : P ..... and he got rid of a SEXY ASS ACCORD......... communist haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back