$300 to spend on my truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i got $300 to spend on my truck. heres a list of stuff i am contiplating on getting:

1. wheels - im wanting to get some 18s for my truck. id LIKE to have em by ITB but i wont be able to get tires for them until maybe after ITB. not quite sure tho. just depends on if we get OT or whatever at where i work at which is kinda doubtful. i can roll to ITB on my stockers. it doesnt really matter either way.

2. 4-link - right now im running monoleaf in the rear. id like to get the 4-link to get my assend right on the truck. not sure what one to get or anything about what to look for in 4-links and how to properly set one up.

3. rollpan - ive got a Sir Michael's steel roll pan and i cant keep the damn thing from rusting. im thinking of getting a fiberglass one and mold it to the rear.

4. 01+ tail lights - my stock tails on my 95 Ranger suck ass and look ugly as hell. i like the looks of the 01+ tail lights alot better.

5. paint (flat) - id like to redo the paint on my truck. am thinking about John Deere yellow with John Deere green flames done in a flat. i think it would look sic. (id do this in combination of numbers 3 and 4). it would be sorta different. i mean how often do you see John Deere yellow and green on a minitruck...lol.

6. other. this is where you have other ideas for me.

GET YOUR ASS ON EBAY AND BUY A SECOND GRILLE FOR THE SHOWS LIKE I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY.

Bastard. :D

I still can't believe that truck isn't in primer yet. I would do the 4 link get the functional stuff done before cosmetics.

Check out centerlines website for over stock wheels, they have some good deals. Go with 20's. Wont the wheels be more than 300 bucks? I just bought some today and they were hell of a lot more than that.

How does the truck ride with a monoleaf? What brand is it? I can't wait til I have enough money saved for my Hotchkis 2/4. I want to do a 4/6 but notching the frame for me is not an option.

Jeef...lol yeah i cant believe i havent primered it yet either. the tailgate is butthe rest of the truck isnt...lol. i'll check out Centerlines websites. if they have anything cool looking, i will get something. yeah i know wheels are a bit more than $300. it'll take time to get the money i need for whatever wheels i find that i like. the truck rides alright monleaf but i also have air bags as well. basically im just using the monleaf to keep my rear axle in place. a 4-link would help alot in that department place it would make the assend sit lower. the monolead is an OEM leaf spring. i took 2 of the other leafs out and kept the bottom one on. u need to notch the frame on your for a 4/6??? dayum. how about a 4/5 drop?

nah he needs a show-quality grille like the one he has. The one on the truck is getting chipped, there's at least 3-4 on there. I told him to have this one to drive around with, and one that he puts on for shows he goes to.

18's are a small wheel, but a good choice if you plan to body drop in the future
think your future plans over before making a decision
i'm pretty happy with my 20's

4 link would be something good to get
does your truck lay frame with the monoleaf?
if not then 4 link should be priority #1
do you have a welder?
300 can score you a universal 4 link with tabs
then the rest is up to you

rollpan, avoid the fiberglass
its less forgiving when you drag it
did you try and wire wheel the rollpan down and then give it a base of rustoleum
you gotta get the oxidation all out, then seal the metal from the moisture

taillights, newer oem lights FTW

paint, leave the gloss for now
save for wheels

Back