$3000 For A '91 Civic Si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Blanco+Aug 19 2003, 03:01 PM-->
Originally posted by tedwright@Aug 18 2003, 11:00 PM
Blanco
@Aug 18 2003, 12:17 AM
it appeared to be the stock D16A6.  He rev'd the car up to 8K a few times for me and it sounded really sweet.

8k rpms on a stock d16a6? and he was trying to sell you the car while demonstrating this? wonder what he does to the thing when hes not in front of people he is trying to sell it to. I would have to say buyer beware on this one, even if the price wasnt so incredibly high. just my .02

I have to ask, where do you live? I haven't been able to find a clean 4G Si, with the same minor mods, for less that $2300 within 2000 miles of me. Then there's the fact that the import taxes into Cali far outweigh saving $500 on an out-of-state car. The engine was supposedly replaced and it has a clean title. I imagine he drove the car the same way I do, hard. Just some change back atcha'. :)

Cali is outrageous right now.... Anyone selling an import should drive it here and sell it. I've told this story before but I'll tell it again.

I put my '94 civic coupe up for sale in the Auto Trader. Asking $6500. Sohc. Bolt on's. New tranny, rims, suspension, etc.... So, I get a call at 10 in the morning the first day it hit's the paper. then one at 11. I ended up selling it the next day when I went to go show someone it for a test drive. He wanted to drive it away right there. So I took $6500 in cash and walked home. When I got home one of the guys that had driven it the day before called me and actually offered me MORE than I was asking, if I would just buy it back and sell it to him. The guy that bought it told me to fuck off. So, I wish I had asked for $8k and gone down instead of trying for the quick sale.

:cliffs:
Cali cars sell for way more than value... Offered more than I was aking for 9 year old sohc...

Holy shit! Blanco, is that avatar from Doom????????????????? I just noticed that.... :lol:

Slammer, I can not believe that! Seriously, that is nuts. A friend of mine got a 92 4dr(had some rust and used some oil) for really cheap. The car died on him, he had it towed to a garage, didnt have them look at it or anything. We went up and found that the alternator was seized. My friend asked the guy what he wanted, and he said pay the towing and storage bill and its yours. $130 bucks, and when he cleaned the car out, he found about $80 in change. LOL

When I was working in Vermont, there was a 93 civic(dont know what body style), the ad said something like "doesnt run, 17" wheels, tow it away, needs to leave my yard this week." Under the free section. I called and left a message, but the car had been taken already.

Blanco, I live in upstate NY, Plattsburgh area. Since the whole fast and furious shit, prices have went up a little around here on shit like that. (note i said fast and furious craze, not import craze. That is because there are like MAYBE 20 people in the area that are building their cars for go, not show, and like 300 fags in riced out civics. No, I am not exaggerating on this, ask loco, he has been to the area with me and met almost all of the real import tuners in the area.)

You also have to keep in mind that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a civic/crx without rust on it. My friend has a 96 prelude, and on the pass side rear wheel well(where all hondas rust bc of that stupid rubber fender liner that holds salt agains the arch), there is a rust HOLE that I can just about stick my thumb through. Granted that is worst than most cars get, the girl he bought it from prob didnt wash it in winter at all, but to find a civic hatch like you are looking for w/o ANY rust, would be borderline impossible.

And if you really really want that hatch, then go for it. I wouldnt, but I'm not you. I personally will not buy anything unless the price is right. I can almost guarentee once you buy it, two weeks later you will see one for half the price. Shit always works like that. If you dont need a car really bad, then just sit back for a little while until something comes along.

Blanco, I doubt you are interested, but I'm selling my 91 integra... Starts at $2000. Black Leather, tokiko HPs, ground controls, new white paint, sunroof, perfect interior, ground shaking B18a ( :p ), and I'm local so no shipping or plane tix.... :D

My stolen Teggy...

Shit guys, I might start buying hondas out here, and driving them to Cali to sell them. If the trip cost me 800 bucks with partying, hotel and food, and I can buy like a 96 civic dx coupe in mint shape with good miles on it for 5k, i would have to sell it for 7k to make it worth while. Ahh but then how am I gonna get back, plane tickets are prob pretty expensive from cali.

Originally posted by tedwright@Aug 19 2003, 04:07 PM
I can buy like a 96 civic dx coupe in mint shape with good miles on it for 5k, i would have to sell it for 7k to make it worth while. Ahh but then how am I gonna get back, plane tickets are prob pretty expensive from cali.

You could easily sell it for 7k. Get your tix ahead of time. Spend $500 on the way here and as long as the flight back is less than $1500... your making money.

I pay for my si 95 with 40,000 miles on chassy no motor 1k :owned: and bought my swap for 1,500 gsr swap what you think you gotta love connecticut even do i am from Jerzey :thumbsup:

I got my RARE black 91 Si Civic NO rust, PERFECT interior, straight body with a few dings and rock pecks in the front end about 6 years ago for $3800. I didn't even try to negotiate on the price, that was already 300 UNDER book at the time because of the rock pecks and milage.

High milage (152k), but the engine ran like a scalded dog. 16.1 with a midas exhaust, BONE STOCK under the hood, on POS 14" steelies and stock sized tires.

With just a decent paintjob, my car would still look top notch.

I kinda wish I'da put a d16z6 engine in it and built that up for a high 14 second car just to keep things easy, but ya'know, hindsight is 20/20.

I can find you a red or Tahitian green Si hatch, 90-91, for less than $2500 in PERFECT shape.

wow, i got my 92 dx hatch with pefect interior, no rust some dents for 2995$. djyox, where in MN are you and is your car manual or auto?i could be very interested.

Back