3000Rpms cutting out Running rich H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludekojo

I have a 92 prelude with a h22a4 in it. I took the engine out of the car and done some work on the chassy and replaced it. This car is a drag car that has all of the wires cut that is not needed to neaten the apperance. Know here is the problem. When I rev the car up it starts to sputter at 3000rpms and starts to back fire. It gets worse the higher you rev the car. Here is the kicker, it isnt throwing any codes. What do you think it could be. I have checked everthing that I know of. It sound like the car is in limp mode but I dont think a 92 has that option does it? Please help!

has all of the wires cut that is not needed to neaten the apperance this alone bothers me - double check the no codes thing...I bet you are throwing one or 2...when in neutral will it rev above 3k? is it only when driving?

could be a number of things check your wiring and connections.

I changed the complete body harness so there is know more cut wires, and yes in neutral it does not rev above 3000. I have checked all connections tps, map everthing I know of. Any suggestions? The car went threw 2 gallons of gas just sitting in the drive way trying to figure out whats wrong. Thats what I call extremly rich.

I would check timing. I'm no expert, but that's what I would do.
Also, do you have any kind of engine management or ecu chipping done on it?

i have checked timing and its right. I am running a p08 chipped but I also tried a regular p14 (I know not a VTEC computer) but just tring it to see if I recieved the same response and I did.

Back