300hp goal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So Im getting ready to start another project. What I want to do is take an EK hatch and put a motor in it that will run close to 300hp all motor and be able to withstand another 100-150 shot of nitrous. Im planning on doing this right. Basically, Im gonna buy the strongest parts available and build a bullet-proof motor. I just want to start getting an idea of what kind of set ups are out there that could produce these kind of numbers. I was thinking of doing an LS/VTEC. So how do I get there?

well 300 NA is a BIG goal.....in the new honda tuning mag they make an almost 300 hp K i thinnk if you are serious and not DREAMING....[wich it soundslike]..then k is the way to go

they got 288 with ITBs and 300 with the new IM and shit like that...read up....and get lots of $$$$$$...good luck

btw 300 it ALOT easier with a Bseries and a disk potatoe

on a B series yea, your gonna have c16. its possible on a k24/k20 build.

there have been very few all motor 300 hp B seies builds. and the few that have done it keep their secrets.

Well thanks for straightening me out on that lofty goal. Do you think that a goal of about 250 would be more realistic for a b series set up? I want to stay with a B series set up. So I guess my question now would be how do I get 200+hp all motor with a b series set up?

how much cash do you have...

i would go with a GSR or an LS/CR VTEC with about an 11.5-11.8 :1 CR some stg 2 cams...i like rocket cams the m22 are dope [$900] includes springs. a nice header [rmf],IM/TB,P&P, freeflowing exhaust...you should be above 210whp...lots of different ways to make NA power with H.F.P

Buy my block! It's set up for 260whp with the right head setup and tuning. :wink:

Im planning on doing this paycheck by paycheck. So its gonna take awhile. One part at a time. Im a Marine and Uncle Sam doesnt pay us enough for me to do this in one shot. What if I went with the H22 and built it? Calesta tell me more about your block, and what kind of head I would need.

The H22 can do it, but it's still a pretty expensive path to take.

My block is a GSR with a Golden Eagle sleeve sitting at 85.5mm bore right now. It has an 89mm crank in it, so it's basically a big bore LS/VTEC sitting inside a GSR block (best way to do it). The idiot who tuned it went way too lean and detonated the pistons to pieces, but the bearings and rods are all perfect. There are less than 3000 miles on the block.

The head is a stock B16 head, but it also has Skunk2 adjustable cam gears and ITR lost motion assemblies. All you need to do with the engine is to put in a new set of high compression pistons (I was running 12.8:1 CP pistons with ceramic coatings), a nice set of cams and a really good port/polish job with some competent tuning to hit 250whp.

300whp is a huge stretch on anything but a K block, but 300hp at the crank is doable with both the B and the H. 300hp crank is about 250whp.

Stay away from the accord motors. they are a pain in the ass to deal with. you will get into custom mounts and axles and all that. Just stick with a basic B series. If you want good numbers just turbo it and tune it. you don't need 300 hp unless you are trying to break into high 11's low 12's. if you are building a drag car only, leave the h22 stock and boost it. It is the cheapest way to go.

in short, for your goal, go with the b series and boost it. there are a lot of former military in here (including me) that know how paycheck to paycheck is. so just do the swap for now, then add a turbo later. if you are deadset on building a block from start, buy calesta's block.

lets put it this way, ive got my head working right now with crower stage 2s, a pnp, full manley valvetrain 1mm oversized valves and a shaved head.

dropping high comp pistons eagle rods and then new everything else.

im goin for about 250 ish when im done. and then ive gotta get some c16 and tune for nitrous (track only, duh).

Quoted post[/post]]
What does anyone know about the F20B?

It's actually a VERY nice engine. It's a little bit of an oddball in the swap community, but it's a good powerplant to go with. The F20B is what the F20C was developed from, and it's similar to the H22. It has a shorter stroke and revs higher, and it's also underrated from the factory. One of my friends installed one in his CRX and pulled 186whp right out of the box. With higher compression, some head work, and some crazy cams- you could get to 300hp (crank) with serious revs and good tuning.

Quoted post[/post]]
Stay away from the accord motors. they are a pain in the ass to deal with. you will get into custom mounts and axles and all that. Just stick with a basic B series. If you want good numbers just turbo it and tune it. you don't need 300 hp unless you are trying to break into high 11's low 12's. if you are building a drag car only, leave the h22 stock and boost it. It is the cheapest way to go.

in short, for your goal, go with the b series and boost it. there are a lot of former military in here (including me) that know how paycheck to paycheck is. so just do the swap for now, then add a turbo later. if you are deadset on building a block from start, buy calesta's block.

:thumbsup:

It's a good block. It just needs some pistons.

f20b and h22 are good motors. they are good starting points. but if you are going to put one in an eg or ek they are a pain in the ass. if you are doing the swap yourself save some trouble and do a b series. plus there is a lot more aftermarket parts availability than the aforementioned f or h series motors.

Well I think Ive made up my mind about what engine im gonna go with. I think I like the idea of the CR VTEC. Im gonna completely rebuild the current B16 head that i have and use it with the B20 block. Does anybody know where I can find lightweight rocker arms?

Back