300k mileage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slayer1927

Well I just reached 300k on my car , The motor is original only thing that had been done was the head had been redone when the owner before blew the head gasket . I want to know what you all think I should do to it , I have great gas mileage still not the same as my old honda from the same year but this one was not taken car of as much. I was going to take the motor out and rebuild since I am just going to do a clean bay wire tucked with a stock motor since I'm on a low budget . I can get a second motor from a friend for around 300 probly what do you all think the motor is worth d15b2 and trans .I'll put his in for now .

How much should I pay for another stock motor for a spare or to replace my old one . I have friends with them but I don't really know what to pay for a d15b2 i know not much

Sort of depends on the mileage, but D15B2s are not worth much. Maybe $200 for a good running one? Most people swap in newer engines(D15B7, etc.) instead.

I would say unless your car isn't running, or has bad leaks i would not swap anything. Too many times I tried to fix something that was not broken and ended up with a big project that I was way over my head on. Good job reaching 300k. that's awesome. A wire tuck will only cause you head aches. I mean if you have done a few before then by all means go ahead.

I would swap out for a newer d15 like K2e2vin said but if you want it to last another 300k i would sent it to the machine shop and get it fully rebuilt, bearings, bore hone, rings, and All new gaskets. Then you got a nice stock engine. upgrading to another engine you got for 200 bucks then throwing it in your car is not a good idea IMO. you might be getting a worse engine than you have now.

Back