300ZX Twin Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

im debating their to get a Z32 TT or a 240SX w/SR20DET swap.. i mean, i like both cars, but the Z32 has always been one of my favorite cars.. and its getting to where i can afford one.. so i just wanted to know how reliable are they? i mean its a sports car, so that means i cant expect accord reliablity.. i dont want it to be a money pit, because i rather be modding than fixing..if i do get a Z32 the most id do to it is intake, exhaust, front mount, boost controller, and chipped ecu.. until my stock turbos go out.. ive heard that the only real problem is with the timing belt and alternator which can be fixed easily.. after that, any other common problems?? if its too big of a problem, i might stay towards the 240sx.. just a thought..

well I love the 3Z, only problem I see with is the cost associated with keeping them up, they are a bitch to work on since the motor literlly covers the entire engine bay.

I say 240 only because I am getting one soon.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 7 2003, 01:35 PM
well I love the 3Z, only problem I see with is the cost associated with keeping them up, they are a bitch to work on since the motor literlly covers the entire engine bay.

:werd: Twin Turbo Stock cars=Mucho Expensive when it comes to labor costs if you ever take it to a shop and even by yourself, they are real tough to work on.

i say get the Z cuz every body and their momma is getting a 240. i've always loved the Z also but i can't have a car that has so little room inside.

parts are high on the 300z tt also.. manifolds are like 1100 and i think that was each. Some are up around 2500-3000 a set for aftermarket turbo manifolds.. fuck that

yeah, if your doing only bolt ons such as intake, downpipe, test pipe, exhaust, jwt ecu then I say 3Z, if you plan on more then go 240 to save some cash down the road.

Fairlady Z all the way.

btw whats a Z32? some weird name for the 300Z I don't know about?? :unsure:

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 8 2003, 01:59 AM
Z31 is a 1st gen 84-89 300ZX Z32 is the 2nd gen 300ZX from 90-96

<---learned something new. :eek:

Thanks. :worthy:

i heard the cooling on those things arent so great.. but can be fixed easily by replacing all the vaccuum lines and such with aftermarket silicone ones..and im aware of the extensive amount of cash you need to modifiy one, but filter, exhaust, boost controller, downpipes, front mount intercooler and a chipped ecu is sufficient power for me.. i believe rated around 450rwhpish and thats around $6000-7000 which isnt bad if you break it down to stages.. anyway, what about be mechanical problems? like does it break down often given you change the appropriate stuff at the right time (oil, filters, spark plugs, etc..) and dont race it THAT MUCH.. meaning occasionally weekend track duties and some fun on the streets.. anyway, thanks for all the response..

Back