300ZXT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nissani

I ended up buying*installments* a 300ZXT rather than the 240...still could not be happier...This car has got some crazy torque for being stock*or maybe i'm just a moron*. I'm fairly proud of the car seeing that i'm boasting about it on this board...I'll put some pictures up as soon as I get some money to repair the fender,paint the car, and make a payment*which is of course priority*...

:D :D :D :D

Nice, I like the 300ZX's, my friend had one a while back, that thing hauled.

Lucky Bastard....I want a 300zx SOOOOOOO bad. Not only do they look sweet, they come in turbo and twin turbo too :ph34r: Nice find :D

ps - Definitly post some pics!

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 9 2004, 12:26 AM
since it's a 300ZXT Im guessing you're talking about an 84-89 model

ive seen some vg30det's in the z32 model.

my buddy has a z31. its nearly mint. too bad it has rod knock. it fuckin flies.

Originally posted by TurboMirage+May 9 2004, 01:05 AM-->
@May 9 2004, 12:26 AM
since it's a 300ZXT Im guessing you're talking about an 84-89 model

ive seen some vg30det's in the z32 model.

my buddy has a z31. its nearly mint. too bad it has rod knock. it fuckin flies.

Not stock I've seen Chevy 350 motor in a Z32 but once again not stock

the motor runs perfect...i will indeed get some pictures posted...right now i am getting a lot of the electrical work redone. as it is i'm afraid to wet the motor or drive it in the rain...from what i've heard the motor tops out at 157 stock i got it to 150 and it was still climbing :ph34r: ..... pictures will be up by monday

I'm actually thinking about getting an rb engine for it anyone know where i can find any information on it???

Those 84-89 models are pretty good cars. Stock they only run about 4 lbs of boost, lol. Get a boost controller and an FMIC and let the good times roll. I'm pretty sure the stock injectors can support up to 12 psi. Maybe more, I dunno.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@May 13 2004, 08:47 PM
Those 84-89 models are pretty good cars. Stock they only run about 4 lbs of boost, lol. Get a boost controller and an FMIC and let the good times roll. I'm pretty sure the stock injectors can support up to 12 psi. Maybe more, I dunno.

are you just making up #s? or have you seen anything backing that up?

pretty sure the 300ZXT pushed around 6-7PSI stock

280ZXT had a 2.8L and ran right around 6PSI stock however with a rasing rate fuel presser reg, putting a 1" inch pipe plug in the popoff valve, junkyard intercooler, and then shorten the wastegate rod you could see up to 15PSI before the stock turbo ran out of air

I've seen almost stock 280ZXTs with homemade mods like what I just listed run 12s

if anyone wants to see any specs on the Datsun/Nissan family you can check out my OLD OLD OLD webpage

Z U Later webpage

P.S theres a 300ZX not sure if its turbo or none but its sitting on the side of the road in calvert county it looks to be in pretty good shape had $1700 on the window

Well, my buddy's '84 bone stock Z turbo read 4 psi all day on his Autometer boostgauge. :shrug2:

All I was saying is that there is a lot of fun to be had with those cars because the boost is so low in stock trim.

Originally posted by Nissani@May 13 2004, 08:21 AM
right now i am getting a lot of the electrical work redone. as it is i'm afraid to wet the motor or drive it in the rain..

wouldnt be a nissan if it didnt have electrical issues. <_<

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 15 2004, 08:47 AM
wouldnt be a nissan if it didnt have electrical issues.

never had a problem with any of mine :D

Back